JD 5210 Clutch Assy Replacement

/ JD 5210 Clutch Assy Replacement
Well that's what I was thinking. I was freely spinning until I bolted it and tighten it up. So it making me think that the PTO shaft is not fully seated in which is not allowing the clutch assembly and its fingers to come in contact with the throw out bearings. I did make sure it was. Is there something on the other end of the shaft between the clutch housing and trans that preventing it? The tractor meshed together without and real bind.

/ JD 5210 Clutch Assy Replacement #32  
Did you resolve your question in thread #27? I am guessing your transmission is a sync-shuttle. I am only book smart on this have you read section 250-10 of the manual as it speaks to how traction and PTO clutch engage and disengage.

As you said the problem could be in the fingers or the release bearing.

Hope this helps.

Actually I have the collar shift. I understand the function of the throw out bearings. Really simple. It's if you move the clutch lever on the case back in forth by hand it never touches the assembly. Basically bottoms out. So it's not coming in contact with the fingers of the assembly. Then I go back to the PTO and try and spin it and it's locked up. But before I tighten the engine/clutch housing up it spun freely by hand.

/ JD 5210 Clutch Assy Replacement #34  
Did you adjust the fingers for the PTO clutch and traction clutch when you put them back together?

According to the manufacturer they are preset and adjusted properly

/ JD 5210 Clutch Assy Replacement #37  
If engaginglever is on your lefthandmudguard....pto plate will spin loosely !