JD2210 upper driveshaft service/grease

/ JD2210 upper driveshaft service/grease #11  
I always greased my 2305 from underneath. Other members said the cup or what ever correct name on end of grease gun needed tapered to fit on grease fitting. After using the electric grinder several times and little by little was always able to use the tip of the grease gun. Had the needle point just didn't seem to work for me so when I found that info tried and always had good luck.

/ JD2210 upper driveshaft service/grease #12  
I have to say that I have a pit in my garage which make it so much easier to get at it. :)

/ JD2210 upper driveshaft service/grease #13  
I've done my 2305 three times from underneath with a needle adaptor. It's a total PITA! First I have to jack the tractor high enough to fit underneath on the creeper, move the hydraulic hoses out of the way, put on a headlamp and then I use an air powered grease gun. Takes about 45 minutes to do two lousy fittings. I'll be checking out the access panel idea when spring returns.

/ JD2210 upper driveshaft service/grease
I've not looked at the 2305 but have heard they are built different and are normally greased from below. On the 2210 the frame is built differently and you can't see the front joint at all from the bottom. Not sure if you can cut the access hole in the floorboard to gain access to the rear joint on the 2305.

/ JD2210 upper driveshaft service/grease #15  
Okay gents, have to admit stupidly here. I took my mower deck off, climbed underneath to grease the two drive joints. Both are easy to see but impossible to get a gun on the zerks. Seen someone posted about a needle.... I have one from who knows where. Someone please tell me how to use it. Thanks, Bill. 2010 - jd2305

/ JD2210 upper driveshaft service/grease #16  
Okay gents, have to admit stupidly here. I took my mower deck off, climbed underneath to grease the two drive joints. Both are easy to see but impossible to get a gun on the zerks. Seen someone posted about a needle.... I have one from who knows where. Someone please tell me how to use it. Thanks, Bill. 2010 - jd2305

View attachment 292953

/ JD2210 upper driveshaft service/grease #17  
image-2913883661.jpg

/ JD2210 upper driveshaft service/grease #18  
Yes, that is pretty much what I use. Snap your grease gun on the zerk of the needle first and push your needle on the tip of the joint zerk where the grease goes in. Push hard enough to hold the needle in place and give it a few pump. I have put a picture if you look on post 9. Sorry if the pic is somewhat blurry.

/ JD2210 upper driveshaft service/grease #19  
Perfect explanation. I just put the mower back on to mow but ill do it next week before I mow again. Orlando incase your wondering :)

/ JD2210 upper driveshaft service/grease #20  

I would recommend stopping in at an auto suppy house, O'Rileys, Auto-Zone, etc and purchase one of the newer "Needles". The new ones have a slip collar that slides down and locks somewhat the needle injector to the grease gun fitting. The one shown by you will require three hands with a air powered greased gun and four or more hands with a manual grease gun.

Sticker shock may get you. I think I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of twenty bucks for the last one I purchased. But then you know what they say about old people and memory.