Buying Advice John Deere vs Kubota

/ John Deere vs Kubota #31  
The recommendation of someone who hasn’t owned any other brand or at least put a couple hours in the seat of something else doesn’t hold much water IMO. Unfortunately that’s the vast majority of recommendations here.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #32  
Super, I have looked up some Mahindra parts on their website and the prices are much higher than I expected. In fairness, I haven't requested parts pricing from my dealer, so they may give decent discounts from what the factory lists. As I think about it, this would be a neat new post to start, to see how similar parts prices from different tractor brands compare. Each OEM brand has its own calculations for determining the prices they charge the dealers (I guarantee the OEM profit percentage is well above what the dealer makes). All vehicle manufacturers, including cars, heavy trucks, powersports, tractors and ag equipment, construction equipment, aircraft, etc. use their service parts divisions as a major source of profits -- some more than others. Usually the lower the volume, the higher the cost. The thing to remember is not to be upset with your dealer when he quotes an unreasonable price for a part -- blame the manufacturer's greedy paws.

Don't expect big discounts. Shipping and freight eat up their profits unless they convey the costs to you. Most do.

You sure have it right about not blaming the dealer. OEM stuff costs a lot to stock, warehouse, cost of collecting dust, warehouse employees, parts websites, etc.... They have a profit margin they would like to hold after paying all the aforementioned.

Some of the stuff can be outsourced, if you can figure out what exactly you need, but not always. I recently needed a new hydraulic strut for the Deere 5420 tilt wheel mechanism. I got the numbers off the parts and got all the way to the factory, then went to an independent dealer, and the price was about 10 times more than Deere or something like that. They didn't want to sell one, they wanted to sell 10,000. So I humbled myself and had my FIL go pay for it. :) :) :)

Right now, I would like to find a source for a Denso or Nippondenso proximity hall effect sensor for my 4310 deere. It has one by the flywheel, and 1 by the MFWD driveshaft IIRC. they don't seem to last when stored outdoors. Deere wants $35 ish and aftermarket ones go for less than half that if you can find a match with the correct wire harness plug. Imagine that, a Japanese part failing. :)

/ John Deere vs Kubota #33  
The recommendation of someone who hasn’t owned any other brand or at least put a couple hours in the seat of something else doesn’t hold much water IMO. Unfortunately that’s the vast majority of recommendations here.

Yep, you can lead a horse to water, but if they're not thirsty, **** tough to make them drink (unless it's their favorite flavor of Kool Aid)!! :licking:

/ John Deere vs Kubota #34  
I own one of each and would go with John Deere for one simple reason. They have standardized their hydro pedals on all models. Kubota has at least 3 variations. It is very confusing going from one tractor to another and a safety hazard. All manufactures should standardize pedal configuration and location for safety reasons!! All cars and pickups have the accelerator and brake pedals in the same location!

/ John Deere vs Kubota #35  

Well, when you find the best, why look at the rest...:confused3:

/ John Deere vs Kubota #36  
Yep, you can lead a horse to water, but if they're not thirsty, **** tough to make them drink (unless it's their favorite flavor of Kool Aid)!! :licking:

Amen brother

/ John Deere vs Kubota #37  
I took a year making a decision about what tractor to buy and ended up with a Kubota. I could not justify the premium price here in the Northeast for a JD tractor. I have heard that Kubota is expensive in other areas, but out here it was significantly cheaper than JD and only slightly more than Mahindra/Massey/Kioti.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #38  
Kubota is one of the few tractor companies that actually makes their own tractors and engines. Other companies use Kubota engines in a variety of things, with Onan and Bobcat being two of the most famous. Deere is kind of crazy in what they make, and what they just paint green or yellow. They also have different grades of tractors in the same HP, with the cheapest being the cheapest, and the M being pretty impressive. Ignore the paint color when buying Deere and find out what you are really getting. Some of the Yanmars are really good, some of the Chinese models are pure junk.

Case does the same thing.

Most brands do this, so it's not just Deere.

I personally think the best tractors are made in Korea and Japan. I know others will disagree, and that's fine.

When asking for what's best, most will just say that what they have is best, even though they have never owned another brand. Most brands in the same HP and price range are almost identical and it's more cosmetic then mechanical that sets them apart. There is no great secret to making a better tractor, it's all well known technology known to every manufacturer.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #39  
Man I hate following you Eddie.

I have nothing to add,,,,, as usual......

/ John Deere vs Kubota #40  
Every time I read the headline all that I can think of is a John Deere and a Kubota going head to head (or tail to tail) the way they used to do in the old country fairs.