Buying Advice John Deere vs Kubota

/ John Deere vs Kubota #41  
I bought a Kubota L35 with BT900 backhoe, front loader and scraper new in 1999. Never a problem. Use it on my 10 acres and several times as an electrical contractor for underground work. Closest dealer is an hour away and they are super friendly and helpful.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #42  
Like others have suggested I would look at other brands also. I have owned many different brands and the last time I purchased chose a Kioti over the rest. Deere and Kubota were no place close in comparison and my ownership experience so far has been the best of everything ever owned.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #43  
I'm hooked on Kubota, but if I was looking to buy another tractor, I'd strongly look at the RK line at Rural King, from what I've seen, they offer a lot for the money and powered by Yanmar. The RK37 with cab sure caught my eye.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #44  
I just looked them up. RK tractor specs and prices sure are impressive. A lot of bang for the buck and an 8 Yr limited powertrain warranty. ;)
Along with a new backhoe for only $5,499.

Reliability and operate ergonomics and performance? If they are on par with their competitors, RK may be on to something here. The price of the RK55 Shuttle-shift tractor and loader is about what I paid for my Kubota L4200GST and loader way back in 1997. Hmmmm :rolleyes:

/ John Deere vs Kubota #45  
I just looked them up. RK tractor specs and prices sure are impressive. A lot of bang for the buck and an 8 Yr limited powertrain warranty. ;)
Along with a new backhoe for only $5,499.

Reliability and operate ergonomics and performance? If they are on par with their competitors, RK may be on to something here. The price of the RK55 Shuttle-shift tractor and loader is about what I paid for my Kubota L4200GST and loader way back in 1997. Hmmmm :rolleyes:

So, if you buy an RK, does the store have a shop attached to it, and what kind of dealer support, an 1-800 number? I've never seen a Rural King store, so I'm just asking. Reminds me of Cabela's attempt to sell tractors. And... one tends to get what one pays for.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #46  
So, if you buy an RK, does the store have a shop attached to it, and what kind of dealer support, an 1-800 number? I've never seen a Rural King store, so I'm just asking. Reminds me of Cabela's attempt to sell tractors. And... one tends to get what one pays for.
Who knows? I don't. RK doesn't have a nationwide presence. That would be a serious drawback to purchasing a RK tractor. :confused3:

I don't think Kubota did either when they first entered the U.S. market place. :rolleyes:

Anyone who really know anything about farm tractors knew Cabelas version were not the best. A sporting goods retail store wasn't the place to shop for a quality farm tractor.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #47  
Who knows? I don't. RK doesn't have a nationwide presence. That would be a serious drawback to purchasing a RK tractor. :confused3:

I don't think Kubota did either when they first entered the U.S. market place. :rolleyes:

Anyone who really know anything about farm tractors knew Cabelas version were not the best. A sporting goods retail store wasn't the place to shop for a quality farm tractor.

Exactly. I'm sure Wal Mart could sell tractors as well...

/ John Deere vs Kubota #49  
RK doesn't have a nationwide presence. That would be a serious drawback to purchasing a RK tractor.

The RK tractors look like TYM tractors. Wasn't Cabela's also selling TYM tractors and calling them something else? If you buy a TYM tractor, it doesn't really matter where you get it, you can always get parts for it. When Cabela's decided to be bought out, the got rid of their tractor line to make the sale possible, and sold their tractors very cheap!!!

/ John Deere vs Kubota #50  
The RK tractors look like TYM tractors. Wasn't Cabela's also selling TYM tractors and calling them something else? If you buy a TYM tractor, it doesn't really matter where you get it, you can always get parts for it. When Cabela's decided to be bought out, the got rid of their tractor line to make the sale possible, and sold their tractors very cheap!!!
Could be?

Like I originally stated, this is the first I learned about RK tractors and the only official information about them I got from their web-site today. I'm not arguing for or against RK tractors, just that their Specs. and price are impressive if their performance and reliability are on par. :tractor: