Kioti LK3054

/ Kioti LK3054 #1  

dantaylor

Tractor
Kioti 1996 LK3054 Bush Hog ES2052 Cub Cadet LT50
This Friday, I will be buying a 1996 Kioti LK3054 with a KL122 Loader with 740 hours from family for $1,000. Recently I saw the tractor start and run. It has been in a barn for 7 years because of the clutch slipping. My nephew said that he may have turned the adjustment nut the wrong way. I called my local dealer in Jonesboro Arkansas, if clutch needs replacing, it will cost $1,650. Memphis dealer wanted $2,500. I also have bought a new battery for $150. I don't think I want to attempt to adjust the clutch because I am a little unsure of the procedure. Any suggestions as to what else may be of concern because of the 7 year long storage. It is sitting near my sister-in-laws driveway and she told me she wanted it gone!! This will be my first tractor and I know nothing about them. I have read some on this forum and watched some Tractor Mike's and others videos on YouTube. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

/ Kioti LK3054 #2  
Do not fear the clutch adjustment. It is an adjustment of free play travel of the pedal. Not sure on that particular model but usually the free travel is around 3/4”-1”. There should be a turnbuckle located inline on the clutch shaft. You can find this by having someone depress and release the clutch whole under it watching for the shaft movement if you can not do so by just looking. Turn the turnbuckle to shorten or lengthen the shaft as needed. Free play is the distance the clutch pedal moves without resistance. This should be checked and if needs adjustment each spring.
As for things to check from sitting for years
All hoses coolant, hydraulic etc
Belts
Tires

Change all fluids
Hydraulic/transmission (clean screen and change filter)
Oil and oil filter
Air filter
Coolant

Lube the tractor

Spray with lube and work any linkages that may seem stiff.
Throttle controls including foot throttle if equipped
3PH raise lower linkages
4x4 linkages

Check and tighten any lose bolts/nuts (some may have torque specs) including lug nuts

This will keep you busy for a bit, and better yet will get you well acquainted with your tractor!
Hopefully someone that knows this model will jump in with specifics for it. Like lug nut torques. Torques for certain bolts. Actual free travel distances on clutch and brake pedals. (Basically same type of system for brake pedal free travel. There should be 2 for brakes L&R)

/ Kioti LK3054 #3  
Oh yes check out the entire run of electrical systems. For a variety of reasons critters will chew on the insulation in wires. Pay close attention to connection points of battery cables. Corrosion is likely at ground cable to frame and possible at starter connection. Check all wires closely on starter as arcs there could cause other issues—fire being a biggie if grease is close by.
Check for algae in the fuel, diesel is much more stable than gasoline, but if water has gotten in it, algae is a huge concern and the tank will need to be cleaned. I would drain the fuel as well and change the fuel filter.

/ Kioti LK3054 #4  
You need to change the engine oil, oil filter, air filters, replace coolant, change hydraulic fluids, change hydraulic filters, and replace fuel filters.

Also check upper and lower radiator hoses for cracks, and replace if necessary. Replace battery. Grease all fittings thoroughly. Be liberal with the grease, because it's been storage so long.

Good idea to fully adjust and lubricate the clutch cable and Pto cables. Be sure it really needs a new clutch....and not just a simple clutch cable adjustment.

Order a shop manual and owners manual for your tractor. You can find these online. They show you exactly how to adjust the clutch cables. I suspect if the hours of use on this tractor are correct, it is still not ready for a new clutch.

TractorData.com - Kioti farm tractors sorted by model

/ Kioti LK3054
Thank you CoyPatton and rademamj1 for your information. I will attempt to adjust the free play of the clutch. My nephew showed me where he took off the inspection cover and adjusted something on the right rear of the transmission. Said I needed a pry bar for the adjustment rotation. I will change all the fluids and various filters when I get it home Saturday.

Last edited:
   / Kioti LK3054 #6  
Thank you CoyPatton and rademamj1 for your information. I will attempt to adjust the free play of the clutch. My nephew showed me where he took off the inspection cover and adjusted something on the right rear of the transmission. Said I needed a pry bar for the adjustment rotation. I will change all the fluids and various filters when I get it home Saturday.

That sounds like a brake adjustment not clutch, CoyPatton nailed it.

/ Kioti LK3054 #7  
maybe have a mobile tractor guy stop by and spend a hr or so with you on this.

/ Kioti LK3054 #8  
That sounds like a brake adjustment not clutch, CoyPatton nailed it.

My tractor is not a kioti, and my clutch adjust the same as my brakes. If kioti is different, please someone jump and correct that misinformation.

/ Kioti LK3054 #10  
Congratulations on a great buy. I have basically the same tractor and loader. Mine is 25HP yours is 30HP. You do not need to go inside anything to adjust the clutch. Coy is spot on with the procedure.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress!