Kioti LK3054

/ Kioti LK3054 #41  
NO sir. The high low shifter is not in neutral. It seems way worse when operating in the high range. ANY incline will make the tractor come to a stop. Throttle increase has no effect. If I use the low range i can get it to start moving, but it is very slow. Like it is spinning up and then begins to slowly move. trying to make the clutch adjustment, but i cant see how to get to the locking nut on the adjustment screw for the clutch.
How much free play do you have with the pedal? You measure this by pushing the clutch in till you feel resistance. You want about 3/4“ to 1” of movement. If it is more than that then you can adjust the linkage to get it into range. The linkage is external and easy to get to.

If it is within range then you are looking at splitting the tractor and replacing the clutch. The only other thing you can check to make sure it is the clutch is mark the back tires to a spot on the rim. There have been quite a few people running liquid ballast in their tires and the rim starts spinning in the tire. This mimics a clutch issue. It also is hard to detect from the tractor seat so mark the tires then try to drive the tractor. If tractor does not move, stop and check the marks. If they still line up you need a clutch. If the marks moved you need to put more air in the tire.

/ Kioti LK3054 #42  
Thanks, K5. good idea to check the rims spinning on the tires. I checked the free play on the clutch pedal, and it is correct. So, there is no way to adjust that clutch from the inspection ports that is described in the service manual?

/ Kioti LK3054 #43  
thanks Willys. i'll keep looking. My PTO wont stop turning either when i push the clutch in. I may have to seperate the tractor and dive into that clutch pack

/ Kioti LK3054 #44  
Thanks, K5. good idea to check the rims spinning on the tires. I checked the free play on the clutch pedal, and it is correct. So, there is no way to adjust that clutch from the inspection ports that is described in the service manual?
Not for drive line clutch. PTO clutch yes. No way I would split the tractor and not replace everything in there while I had the chance. But that is just me. So that adjustment in my opinion is not an option.

/ Kioti LK3054 #45  
Not for drive line clutch. PTO clutch yes. No way I would split the tractor and not replace everything in there while I had the chance. But that is just me. So that adjustment in my opinion is not an option.
In the day , mid 90’s the clutch pack kioti offered for the LK3054 was not ideal. Rather I chose to have Fort Wayne Clutch re line my old clutch with more aggressive lining that has lasted more than 28 years. Now I sold the tractor to my neighbor and I see it every few months. He uses it for cleaning horse stalls, bush hogging and raking hay. He has had for the past 6 years and thanks me for selling it to him. It has been a work horse for him. Now I wish I had it back it was robust tractor for its time.

/ Kioti LK3054 #46  
K5, Based on your post, can any clutch shop build/re-line my old clutch for a new and improved clutch or do i need to contact Forty Wayne Clutch for this service?

/ Kioti LK3054 #47  
K5, Based on your post, can any clutch shop build/re-line my old clutch for a new and improved clutch or do i need to contact Forty Wayne Clutch for this service?
Rodneyn was the one that upgraded his with a more aggressive lining. I think that is a great idea although I have never had a clutch issue with my LK2554. But there certainly many companies that can do that but I can not recommend any of them. You will have to just check with a few or maybe Someone will recommend a good place on this thread.