Kioti LK3054

/ Kioti LK3054
No, I haven't gotten it back from Jonesboro Kioti Dealership yet. I am anxious to get it home and work on a few projects.

/ Kioti LK3054 #32  
Dan, did you ever fix your "Clutch" issue? I'm having issues with my LK3054 not moving once i put it into gear and let the clutch out. Hopping you have a great answer to solve this problem.

/ Kioti LK3054 #33  
Dan, did you ever fix your "Clutch" issue? I'm having issues with my LK3054 not moving once i put it into gear and let the clutch out. Hopping you have a great answer to solve this problem.
Be sure you haven't knocked the high/low range shifter out of engagement. I have done this getting on/off the tractor as the lever is adjacent to the left fender entry point

/ Kioti LK3054 #34  
NO sir. The high low shifter is not in neutral. It seems way worse when operating in the high range. ANY incline will make the tractor come to a stop. Throttle increase has no effect. If I use the low range i can get it to start moving, but it is very slow. Like it is spinning up and then begins to slowly move. trying to make the clutch adjustment, but i cant see how to get to the locking nut on the adjustment screw for the clutch.

/ Kioti LK3054 #35  
NO sir. The high low shifter is not in neutral. It seems way worse when operating in the high range. ANY incline will make the tractor come to a stop. Throttle increase has no effect. If I use the low range i can get it to start moving, but it is very slow. Like it is spinning up and then begins to slowly move. trying to make the clutch adjustment, but i cant see how to get to the locking nut on the adjustment screw for the clutch.
Sounds like your clutch lining is gone or immersed in oil. If you are in gear whatever gear high or low range you should be moving at idle slow and with more throttle faster.

If moving in what ever gear with a little throttle while applying both brakes the tractor should die. If not you have clutch issues. Good clutch the will stall out the tractor. It could be adjustment if you’re lucky. My case in the past was wet friction plate from hydraulic oil leak. LK3054 Kioti in 1996. Takes a lot to Tear up tractor clutch they are robust. In proper adjustment will cause issues if the you don’t have any pedal play.

/ Kioti LK3054 #36  
Thanks Rodney!! Looking for some instructions on how to adjust that clutch. The manual is kinda informative, but i removed the two inspection plates down my right foot and could only see the top or bolt head of the adjusting screw and it is WAY out of adjustment. Looked like a 1/8 or .25"gap and should be no more than .039. The instructions mention the need to loosen the lock nut on the adjusting screw, but there is no way to reach it. I could not find any videos of my LK3054 to review.

/ Kioti LK3054 #37  
Thanks Rodney!! Looking for some instructions on how to adjust that clutch. The manual is kinda informative, but i removed the two inspection plates down my right foot and could only see the top or bolt head of the adjusting screw and it is WAY out of adjustment. Looked like a 1/8 or .25"gap and should be no more than .039. The instructions mention the need to loosen the lock nut on the adjusting screw, but there is no way to reach it. I could not find any videos of my LK3054 to review.
I believe the adjustment of the pressure plate "fingers" can only be made when the tractor is split, as in replacing the clutch plates or the pressure plate. One of the finger adjusting bolts broke on my tractor necessitating splitting the tractor. They replaced all three of the fingers along with the adjusting bolts and then adjusted the clearance

/ Kioti LK3054 #38  
Thanks Patches. If I understand this correctly, I'm not trying to adjust the fingers. I'm trying to adjust the clearance between the travelling pressure plate and the adjusting screws. The gap they call for is 0.039" at the most. The gap i saw last night was .25. My problem is i believe i can see the head of the adjusting screw through the inspection plate i removed. But there is no way to reach the lock nut. IMG_3002.JPG

/ Kioti LK3054 #39  
Those adjusting bolts you refer to are threaded through the pressure plate "fingers". You can see the fingers with the adjusting bolts in the graphic just below the one you've outlined. These bolts adjust the clearance between the throwout bearing and the release fingers of the pressure plate

/ Kioti LK3054 #40  
I had a 92 3054, and if I recall, the adjustment through the inspection plate was only for the PTO clutch. It's a dual clutch system. Partial movement disengages the PTO and full movement disengages transmission and drive gear. There was no 'external access' to the traveling clutch adjustment. My PTO would not disengage, and the adjustment bolts were impossible to get to through that access plate. Your year may be different. I rarely used the PTO, so I would just take it out of gear when I wanted to stop augering.
Patrick