Kioti Warranty Concerns

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns
For those that are interested, I did finally make it up to see the Kioti dealer today and I posted about it over here:

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #32  
For those that are interested, I did finally make it up to see the Kioti dealer today and I posted about it over here:

Sorry I must of missed that post

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #33  
I've never 'test drove' a tractor, it's not a car.

Nothing wrong with testing several to make sure you like it and its a good 'fit'. Many of us spend more time in the tractor seat than the car seat, especially when getting older..

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #34  
Sounds to me like you are on yet another fishing expedition.
Absolutely. Hopefully as the weather warms he'll find something to do outside. :rolleyes:

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #35  
I test drove several tractors before deciding on one.
I didn't drive it on the road, it's a tractor, not a car.
I did pose for a picture.
:ROFLMAO:

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #37  
In the last 24 hours I have stumbled upon some threads of people who have reported that Kioti has failed to meet their basic warranty obligations. This is not the first time I have heard this as I was told by an ex dealer North of me a couple of years ago that he dropped them because of this. However, there seems to be two stories that get told about Kioti. One group is saying Kioti finds ways to void their warranty to get out of covering expensive repairs. The other group claims they have never had a problem with Kioti and when they did everything went over like a piece of cake. So something does not add up here and I would like to call into question what's going on with this from people who have had personal experience. I'm looking for truthful testimony from anyone that is in the know. Additionally, I will reference these three threads that spurred me to start this thread covering the topic again:

Please consider both sides before commenting about this.
The middle posting is mine when my motor crapped out. According to a fuel test there was something that shouldn't have been in my fuel, like gasoline. It washed the cylinders down and did a number on the motor. I always buy my fuel in one can and would have known by the smell if gas went into my tank. I bought the motor and they covered everything else including a bad catalytic converter and a new turbo. Had I known the fuel was bad I could have drained it all out and had it all covered under warranty. If you looked a bit harder you would have found another posting from me about another dealer that makes you pay for your repairs under warranty and will reimburse you when Kioti pays them. In that case I was charged over $1500.00 for warranty work that I never got back from Kioti because they have set rates for repair work. I did not buy my tractor from either of these dealers. If you buy it local they should cover the warranty without any out of pocket expenses.

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #38  
The middle posting is mine when my motor crapped out. According to a fuel test there was s ok nothing that shouldn't have been in my fuel, like gasoline. It washed the cylinders down and did a number in the motor. I always buy my fuel in one can and would have known by the smell if gas went into my tank. I bought the motor and they covered everything else including a bad catalytic converter and a new turbo. Had I known the fuel was bad I could have drained it all out and had it all covered under warranty. If you looked a bit harder you would have found another posting from me about another dealer that makes you pay for your repairs under warranty and will reimburse you when Kioti pays them. In that case I was charged over $1500.00 for warranty work that I never got back from Kioti because they have set rates for repair work. I did not buy my tractor from either of these dealers. If you buy it local they should cover the warranty without any out of pocket expenses.
Hey JimR, in my 75 years, I have never heard of having to pay upfront and then hopefully getting all your $$ back. As you say buy local if at all possible! 🇺🇦☮️✌🏻

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #39  
Hey JimR, in my 75 years, I have never heard of having to pay upfront and then hopefully getting all your $$ back. As you say buy local if at all possible! 🇺🇦☮️✌🏻
Actually that concept is being common because dealers don't get paid for their time if the OEM refuses warranty. The truth is everybody thinks that anything that goes wrong is warranty, but in reality less than 1% is warranty failure. For me if you bring a mower with a locked up engine, I will collect a $50 deposit on push mower engines and a $100 deposit on rider engine before I even touch it. The reason is I have to completely tear down the engine and then take pictures of every bearing surface in the engine, and in some cases is as many as 13 pictures that have to be uploaded after filling out a warranty request form. And if they determine it is not a warranty failure, I would be out my labor time without the deposit.

And the deposit concept is recommended by the OEM companies.

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #40  
I bought my 2nd Kioti a few years ago and within a day after delivery the steering was not working properly. I contacted the dealer (50 miles away) and he said they would fix it. I told him I wanted another new tractor. He delivered another new tractor and took back the first one.

Then a year in my HST was not working properly. This time I called a local Kioti dealer (5 miles away) and they had no problem working on it. They end up replacing the HST under warranty, no cost to me.

I have never had a problem with a Kioti dealer not honoring the warranty.

Other than these issues that were fixed under warranty my Kioti works great and its high quality machinery.