Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?)

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #41  
B image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #42  
The patch is bigger then I thought. thanks for posting.

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #43  
Had a problem with a glassed in metal fuel tank on a sailboat.

Used a vacuum tank and a copper line to clean the tank bottom... found a lot of "Slime" in the gasoline tank.

Also added a huge filter/water separator and not more issues.

It was never a problem when the water was calm... rough seas on the Bay churned up all the junk.

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #44  
"I like the idea of replacing the fuel filters every 100 hours, and I think I'll start doing the same. I agree that it is cheap insurance."

My dealer told me 250 hours
My book says 500 hours
At 350 hours I had same symptoms - sucking power at uphill. I changed primary filter and no mo problem

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #45  
"I like the idea of replacing the fuel filters every 100 hours, and I think I'll start doing the same. I agree that it is cheap insurance."

I AGREE 100% I do the same!

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #46  
".... the grey seat bracket facing at an angle, not sure what role it plays!..."

I think that may be there to hold the owner's manual. I seem to remember the dealer put mine under the seat in a black plastic pouch.

I didn't feel like that was good place for it, but maybe they thought the rental places would put the manual there for people to refer to?

I've had my BX25 bog down a few times and replacing the lower filter seemed to fix it for a pretty long time. It started happening last week, and I put two new filters on today. The one on the bottom felt really heavy, as if it was full of some kind of gunk. The others I've changed have been the same. Today, it looked like brown rusty water came out of the lower filter. It was really heavy compared to a new one, more than just the weight of some fuel being in it.

So, I was cutting today and I felt like there was some reduction in power but it may have been that the grass was too thick, since I was waiting on the filters to arrive. I thought I would do some research and when it happens again, I will know what to do.

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #47  
Bring up an old thread since I've been having the same problem. No fuel at the pump so I pulled the line from the tank to the first filter. No fuel there either! Out comes the air hose and a quick blast cost me a diesel bath:) Plenty of fuel now and tractor runs fine. I'm going to pick up a new tiller tomorrow and I plan to bring this up to my dealer. And the first filter has a lot of black pieces floating around in it, so a new filter is in order. A PIA since this one is only about 4 hours old.

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #48  
Bring up an old thread since I've been having the same problem. No fuel at the pump so I pulled the line from the tank to the first filter. No fuel there either! Out comes the air hose and a quick blast cost me a diesel bath:) Plenty of fuel now and tractor runs fine. I'm going to pick up a new tiller tomorrow and I plan to bring this up to my dealer. And the first filter has a lot of black pieces floating around in it, so a new filter is in order. A PIA since this one is only about 4 hours old.
it's junk in you tank. Just tore mine down cause of the same exact issues an found 3 bees that we're getting stuck in the fuel line at the bottom of the tank. Had to do the same as you an blow back threw with the compressor. It only helps for a little while then one would get sucked back in. Take your tank off and flip it over an shake with some clean fuel 2-3 different times an see what comes out each time. Start to finish its about a 2-4hr job. My dealer said they see this all the time. Some times it's plastic shavings from when the tank was manufactured that didn't get cleaned out. Word to the wise get a Mr Funnel or something similar to help prevent this in the future. image-1683774717.jpg image-4294204833.jpg

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #49  
My friend swears by Mr Funnel and has been amazed at what he finds buying Diesel...

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #50  
A little off topic...

I had some plastic 5 gallon drums stored outside for a couple of years thinking I might use them... they were empty with the cap on loose on the ground in a carport.

Today, each had at least a gallon of water or more inside... I guess thousand of hot/cold cycles with humid air causes tremendous condensation... and I have seen the proof... really amazing.