Kubota L47 fork capacity

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #1  

Leozepolusa

Tractor
Kubota B21 & L47 TLB
I have a 2,200 lb crate on a flatbed tractor trailer headed my way soon. I own a Kubota L47 with 400 lb SSQA forks. So my total lift is about 2,600 lbs. Kubota specs say I can lift 2,848 lbs to full height (9.5 ft) at pivot pins. I should be lifting from the flatbed at 4 ft high. Anyone have experience with this and a sense of my ability to lift this load? The cost if I cannot unload this crate off the truck will be devastating. Thanks

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #2  
You got this, Be sure to have lots of counter weight on the rear of the tractor. Unload on a flat solid surface that won't let a front wheel sink in under load. Be sure you slide the forks all the way in and try a 6 inch lift without moving to ensure the tractor will not tilt forward then slowly back up until the pallet clears the truck or ask the drive to move the trailer, then slowly and smoothly lower the load to ground. Any transport you do with this load should be done as low as safely possible.

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #3  
Don't do it, you don't have the capacity. 2800 pounds at the pins only works when the load is in the bucket. At the end of the forks you have significantly less than half that capacity. Even at the front of your bucket you are significantly less than 2800 pounds of capacity.

Been there, done that, hire someone with a larger machine.

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #4  
Don't do it, you don't have the capacity. 2800 pounds at the pins only works when the load is in the bucket. At the end of the forks you have significantly less than half that capacity. Even at the front of your bucket you are significantly less than 2800 pounds of capacity.

Been there, done that, hire someone with a larger machine.
I thought he said he has SSQA forks. Not slip on bucket forks.
The load is distributed across the forks not at the ends. Load rating has a safety margin built in.
There is no harm in lifting it up off the deck a few inches to see if the tractor has enough ballast.
I would do this all day long without fear. Caution yes, no fear.

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #5  
It will lift it you might have to curl it back. I move 1 ton pallets of wood pellets all the time and double stack them with my L47tlb....

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity
It will lift it you might have to curl it back. I move 1 ton pallets of wood pellets all the time and double stack them with my L47tlb....
What length and weight are your forks? Mine are 4ft and weigh 400 lbs.

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #7  
My M59 could move 3500 pound stacks of plywood. I’d be disappointed if the L47 wouldn’t lift 2200 pounds.

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #8  
If they are bucket mounted pallet forks, no way. SSQA mounted forks will certainly work. I regularly lift 2500 pound skids of seed corn with my M900 and the ATI SSQA mounted forks. Like Scoot said, get it off the truck and lower it as close to the ground as possible before moving anywhere. The closer you can get to the pivot point the better and the more stable the load will be and of course suitable ballast on the back end. I tend to hang my LP flat back shredder on the back.

Additionally, make sure your front tires are inflated to the maximum pressure listed on the tire sidewalls as well.

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #10  
I thought he said he has SSQA forks. Not slip on bucket forks.
The load is distributed across the forks not at the ends. Load rating has a safety margin built in.
There is no harm in lifting it up off the deck a few inches to see if the tractor has enough ballast.
I would do this all day long without fear. Caution yes, no fear.
With bucket forks Tractor Ballasted to 8,200 Lbs, upsized Lift and Curl Cylinders by 5mm my L39 will lift 1800 Lb pallet. Think you can handle 2,000 Lbs with SSQA forks. I have no idea how much this weighed, but the forks were mounted to SSQA in this photo.

Attachments

• P1020982.JPG
    P1020982.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 72
  • L39_P1020984.JPG
    L39_P1020984.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 80
  • DSC01864.JPG
    DSC01864.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • 20190419_140508.jpg
    20190419_140508.jpg