Kubota L47 fork capacity

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #11  
It will lift it you might have to curl it back. I move 1 ton pallets of wood pellets all the time and double stack them with my L47tlb....
It will do it. I also frequently move 1 ton pallets of wood pellets with my L47TLB and my forks are 42" Tomahawk (300#). That backhoe on the rear of your L47 is a pretty good counterweight.

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity
If they are bucket mounted pallet forks, no way. SSQA mounted forks will certainly work. I regularly lift 2500 pound skids of seed corn with my M900 and the ATI SSQA mounted forks. Like Scoot said, get it off the truck and lower it as close to the ground as possible before moving anywhere. The closer you can get to the pivot point the better and the more stable the load will be and of course suitable ballast on the back end. I tend to hang my LP flat back shredder on the back.

Additionally, make sure your front tires are inflated to the maximum pressure listed on the tire sidewalls as well.
Your M9000 has a similar lift capacity to full height at pins (2,755 lbs), and my SSQA forks are Kubota PFL4648 weighing 412lbs. I hope I will be O.K. I only need to lift it a few inches to back up and get the load down to the ground. It's $175 for every 15 minutes the driver is held up if I can't get the load off the truck, and I will have no option but to break open the crate and unload components to get the weight off (however long that might take).

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #13  
Consider asking the driver to move the trailer out from under the load once it is raised up off the truck bed, so you can lower it without having to move the tractor once he has pulled away and you lower the load to where any tilting issue mitigated.

Last edited:
   / Kubota L47 fork capacity #14  
Put the backhoe on and keep it in 4WD, 1st gear LOW. Use curl to help you lift the load enough to clear the deck. Back out straight and lower the load as soon as you clear.

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity
I decided to buy a used IBC Tote, fill it with water, and run a test with the weight and forks. It will get rid of my stress over the issue, and I can use the tote for firewood hauling.

I appreciate everyone's advice.

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #16  
I regularly unload tractor trailers here at the farm, everything from steel shapes on flatbed trailers to gaylords of seed corn to wood pellets (I have 2 biomass stoves myself) but I also have a load and unload dock but I'm not adverse to pulling stuff off the back of a trailer so long as the driver can tailgate it. I've never had any trucking company tell me I would be responsible for paying any unloading fee if the delivery was somehow screwed up. If that ever occurred, I'd just refuse the shipment. When I hauled steel and drove a company unit, we got 'detention' if the delivery was protracted but nowhere near that amount and the company 'ate' it as part of the overall product anyway. I think we got 20 bucks per hour after the first hour of detention if I remember correctly and they paid that on our log books. Very rarely applied for that so long as the customer was making a concerted effort to get me unloaded. Now, if they got stupid, that was a different ballgame. I almost always delivered multiple stops so getting unloaded in a timely manner was always very important as most industrial concerns have very specific unloading hours. I did get compensated for multiple stops as well. You can put a huge amount of processed steel with multiple deliveries on an 11 axle unit. Being plated (in Michigan) for 173,000 pounds is a lot of material considering my unladen weight was under 90,000 pounds. Many times I was exceeding my allowable gross weight as well and why I knew every route around every scale house in Michigan. We got by cargo weight so it was always monetarily advantageous to 'load the wagon' and I did regularly. Takes a BIG motor to haul it as well. All I ever drove was 3406 Cat's with 13 or 18 speeds and they were are turned up as far as they could be and still stay together.

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #17  
I decided to buy a used IBC Tote, fill it with water, and run a test with the weight and forks. It will get rid of my stress over the issue, and I can use the tote for firewood hauling.

I appreciate everyone's advice.
That's a great way to take the question off your mind. Easy to calculate the weight accurately helps as well. Good idea.

Doug

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #18  
Your loader lifting capacity will be significantly more at 4 feet verses max height. For example, my L39 is rated 2767 lbs at the pins and max height. at 4 foot height it is rated about 3500 lbs. 500 mm forward the pins or edge of the bucket at 4 foot height it is rated about 2860 lbs.

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #19  
With bucket forks Tractor Ballasted to 8,200 Lbs, upsized Lift and Curl Cylinders by 5mm my L39 will lift 1800 Lb pallet. Think you can handle 2,000 Lbs with SSQA forks. I have no idea how much this weighed, but the forks were mounted to SSQA in this photo.
The ONLY thing you'll get with those clamp on forks lifting that kind of weight is a nice SMILE in the bottom of the bucket and probably stress the side sheets to the point where the welds will crack as as well.

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #20  
The ONLY thing you'll get with those clamp on forks lifting that kind of weight is a nice SMILE in the bottom of the bucket and probably stress the side sheets to the point where the welds will crack as as well.
Don't forget the smile on the truck driver's face as you lose your load four feet off the ground...or grimace