Kubota L47 fork capacity

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #21  
I've repaired more than one 'smiling bucket' in the past. Usually by cutting the side sheets away (cracked welds or not) and then straightening out the smile with hydraulic jacks and then rewelding the side sheets.

You put a smile in the bottom cutting lip, that is about the only way to fix it.

Clamp on light duty forks overloaded will always mase any bucket smile....and you frown. :rolleyes:

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #22  
The ONLY thing you'll get with those clamp on forks lifting that kind of weight is a nice SMILE in the bottom of the bucket and probably stress the side sheets to the point where the welds will crack as as ingwell.
Not an issue with a reinforced bucket. Forks bend before bucket. My Mahindra has a slight smile, but it can only lift 900 lb a few inches off the ground with the forks. The L39 will lift an IBC tote filled 70% over a stock fench to fill stock tank using bucket clamp on forks. That is how I figure 1,800 lbs. +2,000 lbs. with SSQA type forks should be no issue.

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #23  
1709035091126.png

Someone thought they had a good idea here too

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #24  
It'll do it. Forks all the way in, lower them down in the pallet as much as you can, first CURL back as much as is reasonable within the pallet, then lift up a few inches, tell the driver to pull away. No need to drive around with the load that high up.

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity
O.K. The results are in. I was only able to lift the 2,330 lb IBC tote using my 412 lb forks (2,742 lbs total) about 3 ft off the ground. Rolling the forks back helped a bit, but I would not want to do that with the load. I could likely get the crate off the truck by slinging it from the forks with the sling loops pushed all the way back, but I would still be stressed until delivery. I decided to just pick up the crate at the local terminal instead.
tempImagejGs4HR.jpg

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #26  
Consider asking the driver to move the trailer out from under the load once it is raised up off the truck bed, so you can lower it without having to move the tractor once he has pulled away and you lower the load to where any tilting issue mitigated.
What he said, and work smoothly and slowly keeping the pallet slightly tipped back as you lower it. BTW did anyone mention ballast? 😀 It can't be stressed enough.
My loader is rated to 1850 at 500mm and with just loaded rear R-4s will pick up a 1 ton pallet.

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #27  
I decided to buy a used IBC Tote, fill it with water, and run a test with the weight and forks. It will get rid of my stress over the issue, and I can use the tote for firewood hauling.

I appreciate everyone's advice.
What? Do you mean you are going to do an experiment to determine what actually works instead of debating opinions based on genuine advertising specifications?? Have you lost your mind?

If people like you actually start doing things while talking about them instead of just doing the talking without the action...well, there is a chance you could seriously degrade much of social media's value.

Is it too late to return the tote?

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #28  
BOOOoo to your real world data. I agree with rScot, we wanted to keep arguing about this for a while.

I still think it would have done it. 🤪

Were you at max engine rpm? Why couldn't you curl the palletized equipment/material being delivered back? Are you going to tell us what it was?!? Must be something embarrassing huh. ;)

What he said, and work smoothly and slowly keeping the pallet slightly tipped back as you lower it. BTW did anyone mention ballast? 😀 It can't be stressed enough.
My loader is rated to 1850 at 500mm and with just loaded rear R-4s will pick up a 1 ton pallet.
My ballast is the 1,600 lb backhoe I usually leave attached to the L47.

BOOOoo to your real world data. I agree with rScot, we wanted to keep arguing about this for a while.

I still think it would have done it. 🤪

Were you at max engine rpm? Why couldn't you curl the palletized equipment/material being delivered back? Are you going to tell us what it was?!? Must be something embarrassing huh. ;)
I had it up at close to 3000 rpm. I agree, I probably could have managed it one way or another as this test was also about 200 lbs heavier than the crate. The problem is that being wrong would have cost me big bucks quickly. The tote was only $75 and nice to have regardless.