Kubota L47 fork capacity

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #31  
BOOOoo to your real world data. I agree with rScot, we wanted to keep arguing about this for a while.

I still think it would have done it. 🤪

Were you at max engine rpm? Why couldn't you curl the palletized equipment/material being delivered back? Are you going to tell us what it was?!? Must be something embarrassing huh. ;)
I had it up at close to 3000 rpm. I agree, I probably could have managed it one way or another as this test was also about 200 lbs heavier than the crate. The problem is that being wrong would have cost me big bucks quickly. The tote was only $75 and nice to have regardless.

Well, maybe we should go easy on him this time. Give him the benefit of the doubt.
I agree, it could be something embarrassing on that pallet - and it is also sounding like he can't return the tote.

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #32  
O.K. The results are in. I was only able to lift the 2,330 lb IBC tote using my 412 lb forks (2,742 lbs total) about 3 ft off the ground. Rolling the forks back helped a bit, but I would not want to do that with the load. I could likely get the crate off the truck by slinging it from the forks with the sling loops pushed all the way back, but I would still be stressed until delivery. I decided to just pick up the crate at the local terminal instead. View attachment 854539
If you turn up the pump pressure 100 Psig, it does not hurt anything. Before I installed 5mm larger cylinders on mine, I wa running 3,300 psig. That was bad, but a full 3,000 Psig is fine.

/ Kubota L47 fork capacity #33  
I ordered a Bendpak truck lift that weighed 950#, less than half the FEL rating. It shipped on a 10' long x 4' wide pallet. It was loaded lengthwise on the trailer and and the FEL wouldn't lift it more than a couple of inches. I had the driver pull forward while I held the load, and then set the pallet on the ground. I picked it up sideways and the FEL lifted it easily.

It all depends on the size of the pallet and how you lift it.