Kubota mx5200

/ Kubota mx5200 #32  
Loving your tractor is one thing. Saying it is vastly superior to all other brands is more than a little arrogant.

I don't disagree with that. Just hate to see these threads get into name calling.

/ Kubota mx5200 #33  
I don't disagree with that. Just hate to see these threads get into name calling.

Agreed, but for some reason it seems almost inevitable on TBN anymore. There are a lot of factors that go into finding the best tractor for any one person, for some the spec sheet may be important for others like myself not so much. For some, price is a really big factor and others not so much.

The OP posted a request for information on the general buying pricing forum, so a lot of information, advice was given, some good, some maybe not then it deteriorated into the negative brand wars.

Times are changing in the tractor industry and what was once considered "off-brand" or "cheap" has become or is becoming mainstream. When I bought my first Kubota 12 years ago, it was considered, in my area at least, as a cheap, off-brand import.

/ Kubota mx5200 #34  
Agreed, but for some reason it seems almost inevitable on TBN anymore.

The OP posted a request for information on the general buying pricing forum, so a lot of information, advice was given, some good, some maybe not then it deteriorated into the negative brand wars.

This is one of my favorite forums and for many years when there has been discourse it has typically been respectful. Unfortunately, in my opinion, It seems to have slipped in that regards recently.

Some of the blame goes to petty individuals and some the forum itself meaning I have seen many threads where I wish the Moderators would step in earlier and shut down the foolishness.

/ Kubota mx5200 #35  

No argument there. Unfortunately, the old joke still seems to apply. How do you start an argument on the internet? Post something.

In reality, I think the OP's question was answered very early on, and for whatever reason some folks want to muddy the waters. The MX5200 is a good machine. There are alternatives to it that will do the same work, and are likely to be just as reliable...some are more expensive, some are less expensive. I'm not sure why it needs to be a whole lot more complicated than that....

/ Kubota mx5200 #36  
I started working on Kubota tractors back in '87, have spent over 12 years in Kubota dealerships, and I'm currently playing shop foreman in a Kubota dealership . I have worked on all the major brands. I am biased towards Kubotas, it's what I know best, but would never claim that they're hands down the best. They do built quality machines and I think at times their approach is simpler. There are other models in other brands that I would vehemently encourage people not to buy from experience, and not just tractors. My experience as a fleet manager for a large landscape contractor showed flaws in equipment most will never see.

Brian

Personally I do think the older Kubotas were built better than the new ones.

/ Kubota mx5200 #37  
. . . Now, just to show you guys I'm a good sport, I'm posting a picture of my new Kubota rtv. Which, by the way, is the best RTV out there, and far superior to all others. Enjoy...

View attachment 421545

Now THERE'S something nobody could disagree with. :D Congrats on the new RTV. I sure wish I had one.

/ Kubota mx5200 #39  

People on TBN have said that but I don't recall a professional saying it. Curious what years are better than the newer ones in your opinion.

/ Kubota mx5200 #40  

In the late 70's early 80's Kubota used to send technicians to talk to farmers near me to see what they liked about the tractor they had and what they'd like to see changed.
They really looked after their clients well beyond and above what the other makes did. They were, then, considered foreign, off brand, cheap and not well built. How times have changed!
I too have heard that today's Kubotas aren't as well built, not to say they are not good, also Kubota Japan does what Kubota N.A. says and N.A. management hasn't always proved to be the best, in fact kubotas elsewhere in the world may be built better than what we see here. What we see today with LS Kioti Mahindra may be what Kubota was then :)