Kubota mx5200

/ Kubota mx5200 #41  
People on TBN have said that but I don't recall a professional saying it. Curious what years are better than the newer ones in your opinion.

I think the earlier B-series hydrostats specifically the ones in the B82-9200's were more rugged than the models following. I also liked the L355SS hydraulic shuttle shift transmission and even though the L275 was a bit clunky with its full gear drive and mechanical shuttle transmission it was extremely rugged. I also think the first generation L2850 glide shift had fewer problems being all hydraulically shifted vs the newer ones with the electronics. Plus I prefer metal to plastic. I'm not sure of specific years because back then years didn't matter, it was about what the current model was, models didn't change every year or every other year. I'd say these were all early to mid-eighties.

Brian

/ Kubota mx5200 #42  
This is one of my favorite forums and for many years when there has been discourse it has typically been respectful. Unfortunately, in my opinion, It seems to have slipped in that regards recently.

Some of the blame goes to petty individuals and some the forum itself meaning I have seen many threads where I wish the Moderators would step in earlier and shut down the foolishness.

Just push that little "Report Post" button. Its impossible for the moderators to read every thread on TBN.

/ Kubota mx5200 #43  
4 pages of posts removed... no notices sent. Please continue the original discussion. :cool:

/ Kubota mx5200 #44  
I think the earlier B-series hydrostats specifically the ones in the B82-9200's were more rugged than the models following. I also liked the L355SS hydraulic shuttle shift transmission and even though the L275 was a bit clunky with its full gear drive and mechanical shuttle transmission it was extremely rugged. I also think the first generation L2850 glide shift had fewer problems being all hydraulically shifted vs the newer ones with the electronics. Plus I prefer metal to plastic. I'm not sure of specific years because back then years didn't matter, it was about what the current model was, models didn't change every year or every other year. I'd say these were all early to mid-eighties.

Brian

I always liked those little L275s. I see them now and then for sale and might someday pick one up as my garden tractor. Right now I have a little Iseki that is somewhat problematic.

/ Kubota mx5200 #45  
Just push that little "Report Post" button. Its impossible for the moderators to read every thread on TBN.
The report post button is the triangle in the bottom left corner of each post (
report-40b-hover.png
)

Aaron Z