Oil & Fuel L2502 smokes really bad at cold start

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #121  
😂

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #122  
Got a block heater installed in the newest tractor that was delivered. Sad that this tractor was sent back to dealer because the lift arms wouldn’t go up.

Udt was over filled at the dealer. I am wondering if this could of created a problem with pressure and damaged part of the hydro system.
I doubt very much there could have been any damage due to over filling. It was more likely a setup issue when they were getting it setup at the dealer. Could have been as simple as the 3pt lift valve was backed off all the way? Unless I'm missing something, the reservoir tank for the hydraulic fluid is not pressurized. Was there fluid blowing out of a vent somewhere?

It may have been stated already, and lost in the kerfluffle, but is this a hydro or gear tractor?

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start
I doubt very much there could have been any damage due to over filling. It was more likely a setup issue when they were getting it setup at the dealer. Could have been as simple as the 3pt lift valve was backed off all the way? Unless I'm missing something, the reservoir tank for the hydraulic fluid is not pressurized. Was there fluid blowing out of a vent somewhere?

It may have been stated already, and lost in the kerfluffle, but is this a hydro or gear tractor?

Just talked to dealer. He said the strange thing about it was by the time they got back to the dealership the lift arms were up. He thinks it is something stupid like linkage. The service manger and tech was here and decided to send it to the shop. Not sure how much they know.

Hst

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #125  
PTO dyno will give numbers and are repeatable tests, when using the same dyno and the same ambient conditions.
These little tractor of 20-30 hp a 5 hp increase is quite noticeable. When you are talking 100+ Hp tractors 5 hp isn't that noticeable and often can't be confirmed on a dyno as many of them will have less then a 5% repeatability.

Seat of the pants on hills can be very definitive also, the attainable speed on an upgrade with a lower powered tractors can be very significant. If you have insufficient hp to pull a hill in your highest gear power increases can easily be gauged.
Agreed.

And confirmed on my L2501 with Turbo Kit on hills, powering PTO implements and on the PTO dyno. Although, I’m my case, it’s hard to ignore a 40% increase in power. ;)

Mike

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #126  
Agreed.

And confirmed on my L2501 with Turbo Kit on hills, powering PTO implements and on the PTO dyno. Although, I’m my case, it’s hard to ignore a 40% increase in power. ;)

Mike
Yes, that would be a considerable difference. A 5hp change on a 25 hp tractor would be a 20% increase and if a person pushed to to a 10 hp increase on a 25 that would be the same 40% that you achieved with just a fuel screw.

Just talked to dealer. Apparently a return line was installed with one of the protective plastic caps that come on new hoses. They are taking back my tractor today.

It’s suppose to snow Wednesday so I will be busy putting the blower on, building a make shift cab and putting studs in the tires.

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #130  
🤡