Laugh with me - I am really pissed at myself

/ Laugh with me - I am really pissed at myself
Still have not found them. No snow so all is good. Been moving a lot of wood flooring into the house for install - hoping its behind the pile. Strange though - flooring pile has been there for 6 years, and the chain stuff came off last year. I know - maybe the racoon I chased off stole them!

/ Laugh with me - I am really pissed at myself #42  
Now I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I couldn't count how many times I've gone to get something which hasn't moved in a year or more; only to find that it's missing. I can look in that spot ten times and not find it; then when I replace whatever I've been looking for it will reappear.
At least I've gotten good at helping others find things. My father lost the keys to his pickup, and had to get a ride home for his spare. It bugged the crap out of him, as it was when the Alzheimers was starting to affect his memory. I had a good idea where they were; GM pickup seats have a natural funnel where the seat belt comes out, and anything you drop slides down to the floor. The next time I was visiting I went out to his truck, reached down, and pulled out his keys.

The worst thing I've lost was in 1997. It was a $1650 electronic data collector with three days work on it. I never did find it but suspect that either I left it on my car roof and drove off; or the kleptomaniac dog I had at the time took it off the front seat and left it in the woods.

/ Laugh with me - I am really pissed at myself #43  
I have that same problem(s) also. I think it originates from having too much stuff.

Truer words never spoken.

Proof: if you only had one thing, you'd always know where it was.

/ Laugh with me - I am really pissed at myself #44  
When I cannot find my tools, even the ones I just used, I suspect my wife hid them. I say this because she can always find them right away when I can't.

And mine says that they were exactly where I left them.

/ Laugh with me - I am really pissed at myself #45  
I always drop the chains half in the shed and then drive the tractor out. I pull the chains inside and off to the side, stretched out the way they came off. I step over them all summer and in the late fall I know just where they are and they all are in the right position to go back on with just a little shifting. I hate doing things twice and this is the easiest way I have found. The first year I carefully put them away. After I pulled them out and flipped links, etc. I said, not again!

/ Laugh with me - I am really pissed at myself #46  
Reminds me of the expensive Hubble Clamp Meter I bought, used it once put it in the green Hubbel storage bag and to this day almost 7 years later I cannot find it.
:(
Usually I just hang the 2 row chains on the drift cutters and walk away until next snow season. Last year I just left them by the garage door and they were there when I took off the mower and put on the snow blower.
:)
I used the Toro CCR3000 snow pup twice so far and I put the snow blower on the LA115 on Thursday as they said there was going to be a huge amount of snow coming our way. I did not get a lot of snow and the snow was heavy and wet and with the new driven V belt I am happy to report the Gates A116 Series 1 V belts I bought fit well and stayed right on the pulleys and idlers and I had no issues using the snow caster on Friday.
:cool2::drink:

Last edited:
   / Laugh with me - I am really pissed at myself
The chains I have - hung them on the fence. Its the removable boomers and expensive spring tensioners I cant find. However on the up side in moving stuff around I did find my missing big auger bit set. It had dropped down the back of a big bucket.