Let's see your knife.

/ Let's see your knife. #231  
Don't know if anyone cares, and I may be derailing the thread here, but....
Mentioning my prized knife got me looking again. Last time I looked for info was 2010 according the date of
my pictures. I actually found some info this time.
Seems, by the markings on the knife my knife might be from the 1950's.
As far as the magical sheath goes, (and this is the first time I found info on this mystery material
(From the blade blog)

"As fine leather for sheath-making became harder to find, it was replaced by a vulcanized paper fiber, Unica, that looks very much like leather and shares some of the same characteristics. All the Mora cutlers used the same sheath manufacturer, a local shoemaker by the name Ström. We know that Ström was experimenting with a Unica prototype sheath around 1910, and eventually produced Unica sheaths for all Östnor cutlers until 1956."

1697988118614.jpeg

Nice to finally put a name to the stuff.
Now, off to see how Inica is made :)

Thanks to this thread for making me look into this knife again and actually get some good info this time.

/ Let's see your knife.
As fine leather for sheath-making became harder to find, it was replaced by a vulcanized paper fiber, Unica, that looks very much like leather and shares some of the same characteristics. All the Mora cutlers used the same sheath manufacturer, a local shoemaker by the name Ström. We know that Ström was experimenting with a Unica prototype sheath around 1910, and eventually produced Unica sheaths for all Östnor cutlers until 1956."
Very interesting.

/ Let's see your knife. #233  
Went to the William Moran knife show yesterday. He is world know for his Damascus steel knifes and at his museum yesterday there were many knife makers. Just an example pic

IMG_2695.JPG
IMG_2696.JPG

/ Let's see your knife. #234  
So this AM i went to our local army navy surplus store for a pair of work sneakers.. They also sell a variety of decent work clothes like Carhartt and other similar gear. Took a look at their pocket knife selection.. Some nice solid knives but just too big for a small pocket piece. A couple years ago I picked up a really nice size one in a hardware store in New Smyrna Fla.. They had several others that I liked at the time but settled on just the one I bought.. I think it was 70.00 ish. The only thing I wish it had was a locking blade when its open.

/ Let's see your knife. #238  
Some of my buddies' latest creations! The sword is well balanced and the trench knife is one to be very careful with!
20240208_110957.jpg
20240207_114926.jpg