Let's see your knife.

/ Let's see your knife. #251  
If a liner lock fails like that it is not because of the design, it's a fine tuned setup and it was either dirty or shouldn't have passed inspection, Kershaw actually has a pretty good warranty, I work down the street from their Tualatin Oregon facility and they have a factory sale every year, been going since like '97 so you could say I have a Kershaw or two :). That said I like fixed blades for that type of work, too hard to clean most folders anyway... sucks you had that situation though!

I keep a cheap Kershaw clipped to my pocket all the time and a Leatherman E4 multi tool that has wire strippers and such, they're handy little things that I've carried every day since '08... shame they've been discontinued for a long time, the used market on them is insane, they used to be $35 new now they go for $75-250 on Ebay...
Gerber/Fiskars has a factory close to Kershaw . . . has a Portland address but close to Tualatin.

/ Let's see your knife. #252  
Yeah, but of all of them Kershaw is the only one that does the factory sales :), above all else I'm a cheap bastage...

/ Let's see your knife. #253  
Here's my current main squeeze. It's a Victorinox low buck item --$28?--that has great steel. One swipe on each side with a coarse diamond stone and it's good to go again.

It's a liner lock that is hard to use so likely has been improved by now. I didn't buy it for the price but the quality of the steel. I have better knives but Victorinox and Case have the best steel for me.

IMG_4590.jpeg IMG_4589.jpeg

/ Let's see your knife. #255  
Good Afternoon TBS,
This was my fathers US Navy issued knife, 1943 ! Served aboard the USS Wasp CV-18 Pacific Theater !

I didn’t think it had much value, but looking on EBay and internet the value from $125 to over $300 !

Attachments

• IMG_3828.jpeg
    IMG_3828.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 31
   / Let's see your knife. #256  
My favorite hunting knife:
IMG_3917.jpeg

My EDC:
IMG_3948.jpeg

New one my brother in law gave me for Christmas:
IMG_3879.jpeg

/ Let's see your knife.
Good Afternoon TBS,
This was my fathers US Navy issued knife, 1943 ! Served aboard the USS Wasp CV-18 Pacific Theater !

I didn’t think it had much value, but looking on EBay and internet the value from $125 to over $300 !
Bet there is no way you would take that for it. I have a bone handle queen steel pocket knife my grandmother gave me after my grandfather passed away. No amount would get that from me. You are sure lucky to have that knife.

/ Let's see your knife.