Liquid Lime/Calcium Anybody tried it?

/ Liquid Lime/Calcium Anybody tried it? #1  

Lineman North Florida

Veteran Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 360 DTC with FEL & John Deere 5093E with FEL ,Kubota SVL 75-2
I have one hayfield that needs the soil sweetened and have been seeing these adds about the benefits of the liquid lime/calcium and while I realize nothing can probably beat dolomite in the long run I'm curious has anyone tried this stuff? And if so what were your results? Thanks. Charlie.

/ Liquid Lime/Calcium Anybody tried it? #2  
I'd be interested too. IF someone who has actually used this type product could
post crop results good or bad. Thanks in advance.

/ Liquid Lime/Calcium Anybody tried it? #3  
I have only seen it used where things were neglected and a rescue was needed immediately

/ Liquid Lime/Calcium Anybody tried it? #5  
It corrected the ph in just a few weeks. but not long lasting nor deep. It was applied to some abused ground my uncle rented and needed help to be used as a pasture for a few years

Regular ag lime last for 3 years but only releases a 1/3 per year but is a hell of a lot cheaper. We applied ag lime the following month for the long run.

I don’t know if it would have much of an effect with deep rooted plants like alfalfa

/ Liquid Lime/Calcium Anybody tried it?
It corrected the ph in just a few weeks. but not long lasting nor deep. It was applied to some abused ground my uncle rented and needed help to be used as a pasture for a few years

Regular ag lime last for 3 years but only releases a 1/3 per year but is a hell of a lot cheaper. We applied ag lime the following month for the long run.

I don’t know if it would have much of an effect with deep rooted plants like alfalfa
Thanks, appreciate the input.

/ Liquid Lime/Calcium Anybody tried it? #7  
At a class I went to this topic was discussed. If you want immediate results on rented ground then it might be an option however it really is not a practical product or cost effective solution

/ Liquid Lime/Calcium Anybody tried it? #8  
I’ve used it in the past. Seemed to work fine. I “road lime” now.

/ Liquid Lime/Calcium Anybody tried it?
Well I am seriously thinking about trying it in the one 17 acre coastal field, talked to the rep he gave me a price of $16.00 per acre.

/ Liquid Lime/Calcium Anybody tried it? #10  
Well I am seriously thinking about trying it in the one 17 acre coastal field, talked to the rep he gave me a price of $16.00 per acre.
Seems cheap for short term action. I paid almost $70/ton to have ag lime spread in November.