M59 HST no go?

/ M59 HST no go? #41  
Had to take a second look:)
I really like the guard shield built into your mounting system! Clever.
A plan to stealšŸ¤ŖšŸ¤ŖšŸ¤Ŗ.
I often carry a chain saw along. Been electric now that they have gotten stronger:).
I carry chains all the time. I do plan on fabbing a couple of tool carriers for it.
It is now at the Kubota shop for some needed tlc and adjustments????????
Just hoping for good outcomes!!!!!
Iā€™ll update when ever I find out?
There is a post of its fabrication evolution. Made to be easily removed yet tree fighting strong.

/ M59 HST no go?
I have my M59 at the service place??
I want them to check and adjust the hydraulics as they have experts and equipment to make fast work of it. I hope:).
Iā€™m shopping 4-1 buckets with teeth for it as I love the one on my L48.
I can do so much more with it then any no tooth/standard bucket I ever ran.
Ideas? So far a Loflin 78ā€ is my choice. 1,000 pounds vs 600 standard bucket.
Iā€™m also shopping a thumb for it. Showtime Fab or Northsaw are both good and about 2,300. I like the design better than the Kubota and cost is lower:). A fab company called Runser also offers one at 1,600 but not sure they make a good product???
Soft cab some day but would like a glass windshield asap if I could find a good supplier? From experience on my L48 it makes the cab much safer and allows rainy day use to be more comfortable.
Any info would be great!

/ M59 HST no go?
There is a post of its fabrication evolution. Made to be easily removed yet tree fighting strong.
Love to see itā€”-where?

/ M59 HST no go?
Oh- and my new used M59 did not have the 3point hitch arms on it?
Anyone know where to get some other than 700$ from Kubota?

/ M59 HST no go? #45  
One of the best modifications with guidance of fellow member ā€œM59ā€ was to convert to KX Kubota QA excavator attachment coupler. Had to modify pin-on thumb. Coupler made by USA Attachments. We both have posts on the conversion. Consideration for future thumb. KX quick attach simple, easy strong and buckets are cheaper and more readily sourced.
IMG_2424.jpeg

/ M59 HST no go? #46  
I have my M59 at the service place??
I want them to check and adjust the hydraulics as they have experts and equipment to make fast work of it. I hope:).
Iā€™m shopping 4-1 buckets with teeth for it as I love the one on my L48.
I can do so much more with it then any no tooth/standard bucket I ever ran.
Ideas? So far a Loflin 78ā€ is my choice. 1,000 pounds vs 600 standard bucket.
Iā€™m also shopping a thumb for it. Showtime Fab or Northsaw are both good and about 2,300. I like the design better than the Kubota and cost is lower:). A fab company called Runser also offers one at 1,600 but not sure they make a good product???
Soft cab some day but would like a glass windshield asap if I could find a good supplier? From experience on my L48 it makes the cab much safer and allows rainy day use to be more comfortable.
Any info would be great!
You are lucky to have a dealer who will take on and diagnose hydraulics. Few around here even have hydraulic test equipment. Ask them to give you a full report on what they do just in case.

The shop I worked in didn't even have a flow stand. We just scabbed together makeshift pressure gauges and made our best guess.
It was sort of like troubleshooting electricals without a VOM.

At the time we didn't know any better. Most were self-taught.

The big shops doing commerial equipment do have schooled mechanics and test equipment. That's a whole different world.

/ M59 HST no go?
One of the best modifications with guidance of fellow member ā€œM59ā€ was to convert to KX Kubota QA excavator attachment coupler. Had to modify pin-on thumb. Coupler made by USA Attachments. We both have posts on the conversion. Consideration for future thumb. KX quick attach simple, easy strong and buckets are cheaper and more readily sourced.
View attachment 850903
If Iā€™m seeing it right the bucket curdles a bit higher and the thumb is then a bit short with the different bucket adapter? That adapter allows for more and lower cost easier to find buckets? I looked up the USA attachment item and saw a thumb. Is that what I should have been looking for?

/ M59 HST no go?
You are lucky to have a dealer who will take on and diagnose hydraulics. Few around here even have hydraulic test equipment. Ask them to give you a full report on what they do just in case.

The shop I worked in didn't even have a flow stand. We just scabbed together makeshift pressure gauges and made our best guess.
It was sort of like troubleshooting electricals without a VOM.

At the time we didn't know any better. Most were self-taught.

The big shops doing commerial equipment do have schooled mechanics and test equipment. That's a whole different world.
Iā€™m crossing my fingers as they are well thought of and I hope they can restore it to near normal operations?
They (service place)also sell and service Bobcat so itā€™s a must to have a decent hydraulics technician and proper test equipment. In any case, I have lots to do And enjoy with this M59 so what ever it takes to have it running good is what it takes?
When I get it back (running goodšŸ¤ž) Iā€™ll be making some tool carriers and will post outcomes for those interested people:).
My goals:
Fix it up to good operation
Add a quality thumb
Add a 4-1 bucket with teeth
Add tool carriers
Replace my drop ramp trailer with tilt
Replace work lights with LEDā€™s

Maybe even creat a power seat lift that would allow a remain in seat turn to front or back function. At 6-3. And 280 Iā€™m way too big to rotate and slide feet through:(.

Then enjoy operating and accomplishing dirt work!!!!!!!!

/ M59 HST no go? #49  
Kubota offers all the parts to convert to Kubota excavator buckets as well a thumb that is compatible. Common option on new M62. Too expensive for me to retrofit.

My M59 had a thumb with pin on bucket. Used buckets are impossible to find. Kubota buckets were also prone to breaks on the bottom plate. Pin on with thumb tedious to change. Some M59s had their own unique qa. Ears were expensive to adapt other buckets.

Mr. M59 found a solution that I copied. USA attachments, PGC-100, pin grab coupler M59-KX040, $921. We both had to modify our OEM thumbs.

How that coupler differs from Kubotaā€™s version is not clear other than cost.

Sold my used Kubota bucket for nearly the cost of a new KX excavator bucket. At the time USA Attachments offered free upgrade to ESCO teeth from CAT type teeth. Smaller, sharper, longer lasting and better for lower hp M59.

/ M59 HST no go? #50  
Both rScotty and I raised and tilted back the M59 seat for better operator comfort.