Mirrors?

/ Mirrors? #1  

BertL

Tractor
Kubota
Hello,
Yesterday I did some bush hog work with my b7610. I mow areas that require lots of backing up. Last night I had a lot of pain in my right shoulder and neck area, which I assume came from twisting around to see where I was going. My question is: are there any good mirror systems for this kind of work?

/ Mirrors? #2  
Welcome.

You'll get a lot of good suggestions for this issue. You can/should do a "search" of the threads here. You'll find lots of them...

I have a rear 3 pt snowblower, which gets used only a few times a year - in reverse. 300' drive. Facing the same issue as you, I bought decent/big mirrors made for a Jeep. Haven't mounted them yet though (requires drilling/tapping into the loader mount), so I'm not sure how good a view I/you'll get. A rear mount camera system is also an option.

/ Mirrors? #4  
I thought about it and dropped the idea. On my property they would be broken before i can say "Jack".

/ Mirrors? #5  

These are something I'm considering for my Kioti; previously I'd had a set from All States Ag Parts mounted on brackets from BoltOnHooks.com and they worked great. I definitely am missing having mirrors, it makes backing into tight spaces a lot easier.

/ Mirrors? #6  
Welded up brackets for my open station that mount to the loader uprights and bought a set of mirrors from Agri-Supply that mount to those brackets. My cab tractor already has outboard mounted mirrors from the factory.

/ Mirrors? #7  
I've got some motor bike mirrors on mine. They come with a long arm, all chrome, and not too expensive. They're not the best in the world, but they do the job

/ Mirrors? #9  
Mine came standard on my open station T574. I guess I could have spent more on a "premium " tractor and added them after market.

I don't think it is mirrors or a camera, but mirrors AND a camera. Cars and trucks with backup cameras do not remove the wing mirrors. Sometimes, you still want to turn around and look for yourself.

/ Mirrors? #10  
Whatever direction or method you choose....practice a lot before you decide to get close to anything important.

FWIW I mow, rake, and bale quite a bit and never back up but I still spin myself about half way around in the seat so I'm not looking back over my shoulder to see what's going on. Especially when baling I probably look backward more than forward. I might trust a solid camera, no way a mirror would see what I needed to.