Mirrors?

/ Mirrors? #11  
Whatever direction or method you choose....practice a lot before you decide to get close to anything important.

FWIW I mow, rake, and bale quite a bit and never back up but I still spin myself about half way around in the seat so I'm not looking back over my shoulder to see what's going on. Especially when baling I probably look backward more than forward. I might trust a solid camera, no way a mirror would see what I needed to.
I have 3 rear facing cams myself. One looks left, one looks right and one down the middle.

/ Mirrors? #13  
What make and model of cameras did you use?
It's not the cameras, but his 57" flat screen that makes them really shine. :)

Seriously, the biggest problem with backup cameras is the display you have to see them. In an open station you tend to get a lot of glare.

Need to get the helmet with the integrated video feed. Wait, that was my helicopter.

/ Mirrors? #14  

These are something I'm considering for my Kioti; previously I'd had a set from All States Ag Parts mounted on brackets from BoltOnHooks.com and they worked great. I definitely am missing having mirrors, it makes backing into tight spaces a lot easier.
I also was looking for mirrors, after 20+ years, as we begin to age, some movements are hampered. Do not know why I have not considered sooner, as when using a truck, mirrors are about the only thing to use. Even before reading this post, I had o rdered a set of these 5elevendesignz mirrors yesterday, and got email that they are shipping today. I will try to advise how I think they work.

/ Mirrors? #15  
I also was looking for mirrors, after 20+ years, as we begin to age, some movements are hampered. Do not know why I have not considered sooner, as when using a truck, mirrors are about the only thing to use. Even before reading this post, I had o rdered a set of these 5elevendesignz mirrors yesterday, and got email that they are shipping today. I will try to advise how I think they work.

I look forward to your review, they look fairly sturdy but pictures really don't mean much.

/ Mirrors? #16  
I bought 2 mirror on good ol EBAY
They were less than 60 bucks and are magnetic, so I can switch them from tractor to forklift in a flash.
You cant go wrong there.

Last edited:
   / Mirrors? #17  
I look forward to your review, they look fairly sturdy but pictures really don't mean much.

I received my mirrors today, but also got an email from my nephew, who owns two Kubota L3130's, and basically has the same 'mirror' setup issue that I have. Where to mount them? I had mentioned to him that I had ordered mirrors. He said that he had looked at (exactly) similar mirrors at TSC but then found them also on Amazon for about 1/3 the price. Ahh....the beauty of receiving valuable information a little too late. Older and wiser today I am. Anyway, I did try to mount my $$$ mirrors, and have this to say outright.

PRO:Good strong magnets, convex mirror gives a wider field of view.

CON: Mirror material appears to be plastic and that may/will degrade with dust/dirt/time.
They are adjustable only around the pivot axis which is determined by where and direction that you attach magnets.
Also, you need a good viable attach point. When my FEL is off, I literally have only two possible points. On left on FEL support and on right either possibly FEL support or on bucket control lever control unit.

I now have them on left on FEL support and right, the control lever unit, and will advise how that works. No current needs and it is cold and damp here, so just as well to stay inside if I can.

/ Mirrors? #18  
It's been real wet here too, though we've managed to avoid this cold you speak of, lol.

/ Mirrors? #19  
I received my mirrors today,... .... and will advise how that works.
Had some drier weather and got a chance to mow lawn (1+ acre) on Sunday afternoon. While I did not need mirrors, I left them on to get a feel for how they might work. I mow the perimeter first and that is along two sides with both evergreens and brush. I can honestly state, the magnets are not stronger than brush and tree limbs. After 2nd time they were knocked off, I left them off until I was done. I did get a chance to move and adjust before hand so that I could see behind me. From that stand point, they will work, if having to move along a road of sorts. However, for field work, I will leave them off. Not worth the hassle. Good thing that they are quick attach/detach.

/ Mirrors? #20  
That's quite disappointing, I had expected more from the magnets.