Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #31  
Another great feature of mirrors is being able to get the glop out of your eye the one time your face shield is up and you're whipped by a branch.
Jim

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #32  
COFFEE cup holders for both of my old tractors- PRICELESS:D

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #35  
This is a super simple little thing but to me a lot of bang for the buck - A rear view mirror. I spend a lot of time loading logs on my truck with the grapple. After I load a log I back to the log pile. Now I can back looking in the mirror while setting up the grapple position to grab the next log off the pile. Being able to see both ways just gives you more confidence so you can be more efficient. The mirror is also handy watching for traffic on the road which is why I put it there. The grapple work was an extra large bonus I hadn't thought of.

View attachment 456891

Hi Mr. Gould,

That's great, but was the cross bar between the loader risers (or pivot pins) OEM? Or did you add it somehow?
I would love to have something like that for mounting both rearview mirror(s), and/or a (small) front tool box.

Thomas

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #36  
Made use of those document holders: cup holder and fire extinguisher holder. And toolbox from lemony 1025R (sales person did this).

Ralph

Attachments

• 2025 cup holder from lid of document holder.jpg
    2025 cup holder from lid of document holder.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,253
  • 2025 fire extinguisher from doc holder.jpg
    2025 fire extinguisher from doc holder.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 784
  • 2025 July 2015 (4).JPG
    2025 July 2015 (4).JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 863
   / Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #38  
Hi Mr. Gould,

That's great, but was the cross bar between the loader risers (or pivot pins) OEM? Or did you add it somehow?
I would love to have something like that for mounting both rearview mirror(s), and/or a (small) front tool box.

Thomas

Mr ??? No one ever called me that before :laughing:

It is a cross brace on the loader. OEM - but it seems you could add your own or an L bracket. I found this old pic

Grapple_3.JPG

gg

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #39  
A couple of my small tractor additions and mods:

Concrete, steel and lead wheel weights. One is 240 lbs, the other 260 lbs (more lead) for a total of 500 lbs on the rear axle:

IMG_20150721_151847930%20Large_zpshvdukdif.jpg

Steel and concrete weights for the FEL support tubes. 2" steel rod welded to 1/4" plate, 4" round 1/4" thick tube welded to the plate, then filled with concrete; about 39 lbs each.

IMG_20150712_154255649_HDR%20Large_zpsvozhxtoc.jpg

Weight block and Rachet Rake holder for the back end of my LMC heavy duty box blade. Weight block is 8"x8" filled with concrete and weighs 410 lbs. Along with the 110 lb RR, total weight is 520 lbs and makes the BB much more effective on my one mile gravel road. I also added a 2" receiver tube to the BB along with two stake pockets. The stake pockets are much more effective than simple hooks.

IMG_20150712_142632729%20Large_zpsyrshhmkr.jpg

IMG_20150712_142641672%20Large_zpsdysqyewe.jpg

Dual rifle rack. The AR always comes with me, the 10-22 usually stays with the RTV (which also has dual rifle racks). This is an addition to the .44 Mag that I always open carry when outside for any reason.

IMG_20150309_173913123%20Large_zpsp3hfqdvc.jpg

IMG_20150309_173618379%20Large_zpsx8mwcu7v.jpg

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor
Man, you guys are good! So far I need to add
1. Mirror
2. PVC for log chain (I keep a short loop chain under the seat but always need one a little longer)
3. Chainsaw holder
4. Better cup holder
5. 2in ball attachment for box blade (installed one but did not like it) The concept above will work great

Keep on posting! Great ideas