Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #41  
A couple of my small tractor additions and mods:

Concrete, steel and lead wheel weights. One is 240 lbs, the other 260 lbs (more lead) for a total of 500 lbs on the rear axle:

IMG_20150721_151847930%20Large_zpshvdukdif.jpg

Steel and concrete weights for the FEL support tubes. 2" steel rod welded to 1/4" plate, 4" round 1/4" thick tube welded to the plate, then filled with concrete; about 39 lbs each.

IMG_20150712_154255649_HDR%20Large_zpsvozhxtoc.jpg

Weight block and Rachet Rake holder for the back end of my LMC heavy duty box blade. Weight block is 8"x8" filled with concrete and weighs 410 lbs. Along with the 110 lb RR, total weight is 520 lbs and makes the BB much more effective on my one mile gravel road. I also added a 2" receiver tube to the BB along with two stake pockets. The stake pockets are much more effective than simple hooks.

IMG_20150712_142632729%20Large_zpsyrshhmkr.jpg

IMG_20150712_142641672%20Large_zpsdysqyewe.jpg

Dual rifle rack. The AR always comes with me, the 10-22 usually stays with the RTV (which also has dual rifle racks). This is an addition to the .44 Mag that I always open carry when outside for any reason.

IMG_20150309_173913123%20Large_zpsp3hfqdvc.jpg

IMG_20150309_173618379%20Large_zpsx8mwcu7v.jpg

I'm missing something. What holds the ratchet rake on?

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #42  

Right there with you Doc, I added what appears to be the exact same step on the left side of our B2320 and it's a lifesaver for our knees and backs- especially when the MMM mower isn't on her- like now.

I bought dual tone automotive horns from HF and mounted them with a horn button on the side panel under the right hand grip/rail on the right fender, which makes it handy to get the dog to move out of the way and get someone's attention when you need it.

We also have a couple of the giant carabiners from HF hanging from a cross bar bolted to the ROPS we mounted auxillary lights on, and they hold SWMBO's drink and other acoutrements when she is out mowing or running the tractor otherwise.

The chainsaw holder and 5 assorted tool and/or chain holders (several sizes of PVC pipes set in concrete) are mounted on the ballast box.

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #43  
Mr ??? No one ever called me that before :laughing:

It is a cross brace on the loader. OEM - but it seems you could add your own or an L bracket. I found this old pic

View attachment 457105

gg

Well I was raIsed to use sir and ma'am, and Mr. and Mrs. (although I usually slur that to Mizz now to avoid having to know whether to use Miss or Missus.).

Anyway, thanks for the answer and the pictures!

Thomas

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #44  
I guess I have the usual assorment of add-ons... 6 LED work lights, front, side and rear. A homemade weight box with bars for holding chains, and two chain hooks on top of the loader bucket, plus a HD D ring on the inside center top, which I have found really useful. A pipe for holding a shovel handle and of course, a tool box. Wheel spacers, also, but those maybe aren't what we're talking about here?

P1010910.jpgP1010879.jpgP1010878.jpgP1010812.jpg

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #45  
One of the handiest addition has been a roll of paper towels in a sealed baggie, in the tool box. Leaves can be really hard to find when the snow is a foot deep.

This may be only considered "minor" - - until the need arises.

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #46  
One of the handiest addition has been a roll of paper towels in a sealed baggie, in the tool box. Leaves can be really hard to find when the snow is a foot deep.

This may be only considered "minor" - - until the need arises.

lol.................. I second that

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #47  
I'm missing something. What holds the ratchet rake on?

If you look closely, you can see the three 5/8" bolts sticking out the rear of the BB/RR that I welded to the back end of the weight block. Here's another pic of it, you can see two of the bolts with 3/8"x2" flat bar, painted orange, holding the RR on.

IMG_20150712_142656216_HDR%20Large_zpsayh58bfu.jpg

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #48  
I can't see your pic but thanks.

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #49  
If you look closely, you can see the three 5/8" bolts sticking out the rear of the BB/RR that I welded to the back end of the weight block. Here's another pic of it, you can see two of the bolts with 3/8"x2" flat bar, painted orange, holding the RR on.

IMG_20150712_142656216_HDR%20Large_zpsayh58bfu.jpg
Hi FTG-05,

I can't see the last picture, nor the first one posted in the other series, but I did see the ends of the bolts sticking out back on the last 2 of the BB/RR/WB.

Also, are the 2 metal blocks/boxes mounted on the top back at both ends of the box blade for trailer hitches?

How do you use them?

Thanks for the great pictures we could see.
Thomas

PS: I CAN see it where I quoted you in my reply... Go figure....

Last edited:
   / Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #50  
Handy minor additions for me are two zippered tool bags. One holds general pins, etc. and the other has shear bolts and wranches for the snowblower. I haven't found a place that suits me to fasten an ammo can, and regardless of weather the stuff stored in them is dry and accessible.

Another is a two-speed fan that swivels. In cold weather it circulates the air and keeps the windows clear. In hot weather with the doors lifted off it helps keep me cooler.