Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #21  
Re: Most Useful \"Non-implement\" Tractor Accessories

I don't think it is designed for closing the cab in. I don't even know what brand it is. I told the guy at the NH dealership that I wanted a canopy and they put one on. I can take a picture of it and post it here if you want to see it... maybe you can tell me what brand it is!

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #22  

A chain.............chim

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories

You guys are great, and never cease to surprise me! You have come up with some "non-implement" stuff I never would have thought of.

Here's a recap: pressure washer, wife , basketball hoop??, air compressor, heated garage, skidding tongs, radio, loader, backhoe, radio earmuffs, canopy, come-along, enclosed cab, TBN (a hot tub inspiration), hot tub, and chain.

In my opening post I mentioned my pressure washer. It is definitely great, but is not at the top of my personal list. The two items I thought everybody would mention, haven't been mentioned at all. Can you guess? They are a welder (my #1), and a trailer.

Earth to RaT, hello...we are talking tractors here. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm afraid to ask how you use your wife, basketball hoop and hot tub to help with your tractoring. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I'm only teasing! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Very entertaining. Thanks.

OkieG

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #24  

<font color="blue"> A glass of wine, stars and I'm good. </font>
I'll go along with that .... but at the temps here the last week ... and that 25 mph wind blowing directly across the spa ... the wife has looked at me strangley every time I've suggested a good soak ...
Oh well, it's supposed to be warming up fo rthe next few days.
I, too, will vote for the hot tub! Hey, sitting/lying in a steaming pool of water and sipping on wine (or hot chocolate) in -30 weather and looking out at the snow (well, very little of that this year) is enervating! Add a little of that mood fragrance stuff to the water, turn on the background music .... hmm, maybe I'll just take the day off ....

pete

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #25  

I bought the Northern Tool FM ones ... and I'd hearily warn against them as the biggestg waste of money ever.
No antenna, so you constantly move your head to prevent the suignal fade. The FM lock is incredibly inept. Fortunately, however, they broke the first time I dropped them.
Piece of c**p.
I think I'll go the earbud and MP3 player under my good hearing protectors route this summer!

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #26  

Nobody said SSL either but last nite w/ 2'+ of snow in
driveway and the high banks needed pushed back.
So dad plowed w/ tractor and i piled w/ SSL most over 8'
high.
Also had to clean off 250'x200' parking area for trucks
(they are hauling salt constantly).
We get much more and I'll get 710 to pile snow 15' high,
kids will like that. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #27  

<font color="blue"> I bought them because they had a.m. reception and was quite unhappy when I tried them in a.m. mode. </font>

Spence,

That's exactly why I picked the Peltor, too, and I had exactly the same experience. Mine were a birthday gift from my daughter so, even though I essentially picked them out, I'd never tell her they weren't all I'd hoped or expected. Like you, I want to protect my hearing and I'm hopeful they'll at least do that.

If you find something that actually has AM reception, I'd love to hear about it.

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #28  

"Earth to RaT, hello...we are talking tractors here. I'm afraid to ask how you use your wife, basketball hoop and hot tub to help with your tractoring. "

My wife watches the little 22 month old tractor monster boy we have, thats when he's not with me on the tractor. I don't like to take him on the tractor for very long because of the noise level and no ear protection.

The hot tub helps make a long day of tractoring satisfying to reflect upon.

The hoop, well, I could tell you it helps my eye/hand cordination and thus my ability to dodge sprinkler heads while mowing, or perhaps its there so I warm up while my tractor warms up, but the truth is, it really has no tractor connection. I fudged it in there thinking nobody would remember. I just like it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Rat...

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories

Thanks for your sense of humor! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

OkieG

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #30  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My wife watches the little 22 month old tractor monster boy we have, thats when he's not with me on the tractor. I don't like to take him on the tractor for very long because of the noise level and no ear protection. )</font>

RaT, I have a 28 month old beautiful girl whose hearing I would like to protect. Since you brought up the fact that you have no hearing protection for your boy I thought I would ask everybody if they know of a place to get youth size ear muffs. I have looked everywhere I can think of and nobody seems to have them. I've looked at all the sporting good stores, gun shops, department stores, and on the internet and haven't found any yet (I've been looking for over a year). So if anybody knows of a source for youth sized ear muffs please let us all know.