Moving a 6 ft brushog

/ Moving a 6 ft brushog #11  
Use the trailer and two 4x4's under it and chain it down. I would just back it on his his tractor, disconnect, reconnect with yours at home and drive away.
Good luck

/ Moving a 6 ft brushog #12  
I would be hanging off at least that far. With no loader, the mower was already hanging over just a bit(I removed the tailwheel from the mower for transport). And, I would be heavy on the back of the trailer

Can u just let the mower hang off the back. That what i so with a MF1540 and 6' mower. It hang off about 3 ft.

/ Moving a 6 ft brushog #13  
I am not sure that a wooden frame on your bed is not the way to go. Probably build it in 30 min. and cost $20. Not pulling a trailer would save me way more than that in gas. You would have to have the right equipment to load and unload.

Last edited:
   / Moving a 6 ft brushog
I would be hanging off at least that far. With no loader, the mower was already hanging over just a bit(I removed the tailwheel from the mower for transport). And, I would be heavy on the back of the trailer
Could you reduce the overhang by disconnecting the mower from the 3-pt and/or removing the bucket from the loader?

/ Moving a 6 ft brushog
I am not sure that a wooden frame on your bed is not the way to go. Probably build it in 30 min. and cost $20. Not pulling a trailer would save me way more than that is gas. You would have to have the right equipment to load and unload.
Yes, I thought about that and may still do it. We both have loaders to use at either end of the trip. As someone else asked, the truck is not a flatbed and is still shiny and new (2008) pickup body, so I don't want to bang or scratch it up.

/ Moving a 6 ft brushog #16  
Can u just let the mower hang off the back. That what i so with a MF1540 and 6' mower. It hang off about 3 ft.

I do this when i carry my disk harrow or feild cultivator up front on the trailer (16 ft tandem dovetail carhauler) My yanmar 2000 sits rear tires just over rear axle and tractor centered on the axles. I have a 6 ft peice of RR tract that i use as weight up front so i think trailer is pretty well balenced. But My BH hangs off the back several feet but due to the rearward tractor and the dovetail when i let the BH down to the deck it comes close the the road and will hit going over bumps or tuning into the driveway at like gas stations, this is not a problem except i strap my BH down to keep it from flopping on the trailer and this upward force busts my straps. My solution is to put the spare tire on the dovetail portion and very back of flat dect and rest the BH on it so that it kicks it up in the air. Keeps the tail wheel from dragging and is good as having an 18 ft trailer except that im hanging in the air.

-Nate

/ Moving a 6 ft brushog #18  
I measured. Not while getting any balance on the load.

This is really a matter of a 16' trailer being too short, but a longer trailer out of the budget right now. It fit the old tractor perfect; this TC40 is significantly larger than the old Kubota B series.

I did do this with the Kubota when I took everything to my parents for mowing and box scraper work. Mower on the front of the trailer, loader over the mower, with the scraper on the 3pt.

Could you reduce the overhang by disconnecting the mower from the 3-pt and/or removing the bucket from the loader?

/ Moving a 6 ft brushog #19  
I do this when i carry my disk harrow or feild cultivator up front on the trailer (16 ft tandem dovetail carhauler) My yanmar 2000 sits rear tires just over rear axle and tractor centered on the axles. I have a 6 ft peice of RR tract that i use as weight up front so i think trailer is pretty well balenced. But My BH hangs off the back several feet but due to the rearward tractor and the dovetail when i let the BH down to the deck it comes close the the road and will hit going over bumps or tuning into the driveway at like gas stations, this is not a problem except i strap my BH down to keep it from flopping on the trailer and this upward force busts my straps. My solution is to put the spare tire on the dovetail portion and very back of flat dect and rest the BH on it so that it kicks it up in the air. Keeps the tail wheel from dragging and is good as having an 18 ft trailer except that im hanging in the air.

-Nate

Thats sounds like a good idea.

/ Moving a 6 ft brushog #20  
Yes, I thought about that and may still do it. We both have loaders to use at either end of the trip. As someone else asked, the truck is not a flatbed and is still shiny and new (2008) pickup body, so I don't want to bang or scratch it up.

I like this thread. I thought sandman had a good idea, but not wanting to mess up a new truck.....yeah I probably wouldn't be in a big hurry to do that either.