Moving a 6 ft brushog

/ Moving a 6 ft brushog #21  
Yeah, I would be concerned... you need to make sure you pull off at the scales too... just to be safe! :D

rjk,

For the record, I didn't know you were kidding either. I read that and thought... ****, I need to be more careful!!!

Joe

/ Moving a 6 ft brushog #22  
rjk,

For the record, I didn't know you were kidding either. I read that and thought... ****, I need to be more careful!!!

Joe

Apologies. Sometimes my humor isn't delivered very well!

/ Moving a 6 ft brushog #26  
I think the trailer would be the easiest & safest. You might spend a few more bucks on gas, but I personally don't care for the idea of lifting a half ton of metal 5 or 6' over a nice newer pickup......
and, if you use you're buddies trailer, keep insurance and registration in mind....

As an irony, my wife & FIL just went and picked up a KK 6' brush hog for me yesterday, used my truck and 16 ft trailer. I'm working overseas and always looking up deals on CL, found the right one. Got a new toy waiting for me when I get home, got a very overgrown field.....
good luck!

/ Moving a 6 ft brushog #27  
All joking aside that rig would have to stop at the scale here. :cool:

/ Moving a 6 ft brushog #28  

With me driving it, that rig would pass right by scales & beg for forgiveness later, as needed. :)

/ Moving a 6 ft brushog #29  
I was hoping so. These threads always turn into a you need a CDL, log book, note from your mother, ect.

Just go get it with his trailer. Strap it down good and have a good time.

Also, make sure you have a way to load and unload on each end. I hauled my uncles 6' last summer but we each had a FEL at both ends so a lifting strap from the tail wheel mount to the top portion of the 3 point hitch. I have a boom pole for my FEL so it was a easy hookup but on my uncles end we had to first wrap a chain around the bucket to hook the strap too. It made the BH very close to the grill/radiator of his tractor. One other word of advise is to lift with the tractor stationary and back the trailer under it to load then on the other end drive the trailer out from under it. Its tricky to control the swing when driving the tractor and can lead to damage quickly.

Chris

I took the "note from your mother" one step further when I hauled my tractor and implements home--brought the wife along. Only an insane DOT cop would stand by the side of the road and debate my wife on any hauling issues!

/ Moving a 6 ft brushog #30  

Ouch would i hae to stop while towing a 4wheeler or lawnmower on a 4x8 trailer too? How about just a full load of firewood in the bed of my truck? Glas i dont live where you do.