My Firewood Operation

/ My Firewood Operation #21  
Thanks guys. Yes, that is a Wallstein 45. My wife thought I was nuts when I bought it but as she is my helper, soon changed her mind. By far, my favorite attachment for tree work is this jaw called a tree terminator. I use that jaw to hold smaller trees while I cut them and save on the clean up or just to move logs around. Great to hold them for slicing down to size. That with the tree skidder is makes for easy dead fall cleaning. We would have a hard time living in the woods and keeping up the property without the power attachments.
Time to cut trees.jpg

/ My Firewood Operation
That's a pretty cool loader attachment. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that for a small tractor.

/ My Firewood Operation #23  
yes, that is a cool loader attachment. Liked that box blade winch also. Neat!

/ My Firewood Operation #24  
I'd like to see a video of that in action. What kind of angle do you put on the blade? That would certainly open up new possibilities for going after logs.

/ My Firewood Operation #25  
Anybody have a Wallenstine firewood processor. If so how do you like it and what kinda of production do you get an hour. Any trouble with wood jamming or not sliding into place etc. ?

/ My Firewood Operation #26  
Anybody have a Wallenstine firewood processor. If so how do you like it and what kinda of production do you get an hour. Any trouble with wood jamming or not sliding into place etc. ?

Not to derail your question about the Wallenstine processor, however, I found another Canadian made firewood processor.

Home

Much less expensive than any of the other firewood processor makers and has more standard features.

I have no affiliation with them, however from all of the videos I've seen they look to be a well built machine.

Cheers

Brian

/ My Firewood Operation #27  

I just bought a WP830 with the saw holder and 6 way wedge less that a week ago. I have only run about 1 cord through it so far, so I can't make a solid claims on production.

1st thing that I noticed was that the saw holder would not work with my MS 441 R C-M. The wrap handle interferes with the bracket to mount the saw (replaces the bar nuts). So unless I but another saw or another handle, I won't be using it:(

I have only used the 6 way so far and it performs very well. I was running about 20"-22" red oak (with minor crotches) with no issues. Pieces that size need to be re split - not a big deal. About 50% of the time I need to straighten the round on the beam before splitting.

There is no chip separator on this, so it all went into my trailer, which was OK for the one time I used it as it wasn't going to a customer (small time wood sales on the side). I will have to make one to go on the end of the chute (which will also increase the height of discharge).

The winch is easy to operate and has good pull.

Be sure the machine is level or you will starve the pump and blow to top off the fill tube and make a bit of a mess (done that).

I will be running it again tonight. I expect to be able to process about 2/3-1 cord per hour with it (highly dependent on the logs it's fed).

Overall I really like the machine as it's a big step up from my Deere model 52 and MTD 20t H/V.

20141129_124048.jpg

20141129_130148.jpg

20141201_135907.jpg

/ My Firewood Operation #28  
How do those bolt on bucket forks work?

/ My Firewood Operation
Mine are clamp-ons and they work fine for what I need and how I use them. They're really a big help when moving logs around and cutting them into sections. I also use them with a pallet to make a "work station" when I'm splitting the wood. Much less lifting and easier work flow.

/ My Firewood Operation #30  
I have the quick mount forks and clamp on type. For light duty, like moving smaller logs I use the clamp on. If I get to what I think will be a bucket bender, then I go to the forks. Love that processor.