My Steering Wheel does not stay centered

/ My Steering Wheel does not stay centered #1  

sdavis7492

Tractor
2023 Bobcat CT2025
I have a 2023 Bobcat CT 2025 and my steering wheel is doing something weird. I have a steering wheel spinner and I put it on the top right (about 2 o'clock) of the steering wheel when I installed it but after i use the tractor for any amount of time the steering wheel will move its clocking. My spinner will be at the top sometimes, on the side sometimes or at the bottom sometimes but the wheels are straight, just the position of the wheel changes? The spinner location on the steering wheel hasn't changed just the clocking of the steering wheel. Anyone know how to stop the steering wheel position from changing position? It is driving me nuts. It steers perfect but I just can't figure out why the clocking changes.

/ My Steering Wheel does not stay centered #3  
I have a 2023 Bobcat CT 2025 and my steering wheel is doing something weird. I have a steering wheel spinner and I put it on the top right (about 2 o'clock) of the steering wheel when I installed it but after i use the tractor for any amount of time the steering wheel will move its clocking. My spinner will be at the top sometimes, on the side sometimes or at the bottom sometimes but the wheels are straight, just the position of the wheel changes? The spinner location on the steering wheel hasn't changed just the clocking of the steering wheel. Anyone know how to stop the steering wheel position from changing position? It is driving me nuts. It steers perfect but I just can't figure out why the clocking changes.
What 5030 said. You have hydraulic steering. It's a steering valve. You can verify it by looking for a steering ram on the front axle somewhere. It'll have hoses.

Also, the specs for that machine's hydraulics list steering hydraulic flow, so it's hydraulic, not mechanical or power assist.

/ My Steering Wheel does not stay centered #4  
Me too. If it weren't for the spinner I wouldn't really care, but with one hand on the reverser, and the other fooling with one of the 3 the remotes, 3pt or loader and I'm twisted around looking backwards at an implement....
I find myself "hunting" for the spinner.😊

/ My Steering Wheel does not stay centered #6  
Easiest way to not have that issue is to remove that damn spinner. Every used tractor I purchased had one of those and is the first thing that gets removed.

/ My Steering Wheel does not stay centered #7  
Hand valve is leaking by or shot.
Common problem with Kubota. Wheel actually changes position while driving in a straight line.

/ My Steering Wheel does not stay centered #8  
Easiest way to not have that issue is to remove that damn spinner. Every used tractor I purchased had one of those and is the first thing that gets removed.
I have found the steering wheel spinner to be a excellent addition. Before I used one for the first time I thought they were useless. After using a friends tractor I was thrilled with how fast I could turn the wheel back and forth which definitely helped me do the job faster.

I have since added a spinner to my LS and Gator. I have not added one to the Kubota yet.

/ My Steering Wheel does not stay centered #9  
I have found the steering wheel spinner to be a excellent addition. Before I used one for the first time I thought they were useless. After using a friends tractor I was thrilled with how fast I could turn the wheel back and forth which definitely helped me do the job faster.

I have since added a spinner to my LS and Gator. I have not added one to the Kubota yet.
All depends on your driving style. I always hit my wrist on it. The only thing that has one is the lawn mower and I get along with it. On tractors they are in the way.

/ My Steering Wheel does not stay centered #10  
As stated, there is no mechanical connection, (steering shaft), between the steering wheel, and the front wheels. There are only some hoses connecting them, which move the hydraulic oil from the steering wheel controller valve to the steering ram on the front wheels.

This often results in the steering wheel not always returning to the same position, and very confused new owners.

It's fairly common now on small tractors. This configuration saves a lot of space, and allows the designers more freedom.