My Steering Wheel does not stay centered

/ My Steering Wheel does not stay centered #31  
The steering wheel issue was something we used to torture mouthy new mechanics with. We would point them to a Gradall and tell them to sort out the steering wheel clocking. Even brand new ones don't index the same way from use to use.

/ My Steering Wheel does not stay centered #32  
This is most likely caused by an internally leaking valve in the hydrostatic steering circuit. Leakage is caused by age or continuously holding the steering wheel against the mechanical stop in the steering axle. Replacing the valve may help or turning the steering wheel in the opposite direction and holding it against the stop to reposition the steering wheel may help. There is really no other fix!

/ My Steering Wheel does not stay centered #33  
Put a second one opposite. Works for me on my Kioti CK-30.

/ My Steering Wheel does not stay centered #34  
This is most likely caused by an internally leaking valve in the hydrostatic steering circuit. Leakage is caused by age or continuously holding the steering wheel against the mechanical stop in the steering axle. Replacing the valve may help or turning the steering wheel in the opposite direction and holding it against the stop to reposition the steering wheel may help. There is really no other fix!
You have no clue about what you are saying...... as stated before, multiple times, it iS HYDRAULIC STEERING!
It is NORMAL for the steering wheel to be at random positions. No mechanical linkage.
Doesn't need a fix at all!

/ My Steering Wheel does not stay centered #36  
I have a 2023 Bobcat CT 2025 and my steering wheel is doing something weird. I have a steering wheel spinner and I put it on the top right (about 2 o'clock) of the steering wheel when I installed it but after i use the tractor for any amount of time the steering wheel will move its clocking. My spinner will be at the top sometimes, on the side sometimes or at the bottom sometimes but the wheels are straight, just the position of the wheel changes? The spinner location on the steering wheel hasn't changed just the clocking of the steering wheel. Anyone know how to stop the steering wheel position from changing position? It is driving me nuts. It steers perfect but I just can't figure out why the clocking changes.
Yep, the guys are correct. Your Bobcat is manufactured by Kioti. I have a CK30HST and is exactly what mine does. When I first got my tractor I noticed the Kioti steering center cap was off center, so I twisted it around to be aligned. (yes, I am very picky about things like that). Lo and behold... it was off the next time I started the tractor. That's how I found out it was not a manufacturing issue... but was due to the hydraulic steering. And Yes, I STILL look at that darn center cap on the steering wheel every time I start it. :)

Last edited:
   / My Steering Wheel does not stay centered #37  
I have a 2023 Bobcat CT 2025 and my steering wheel is doing something weird. I have a steering wheel spinner and I put it on the top right (about 2 o'clock) of the steering wheel when I installed it but after i use the tractor for any amount of time the steering wheel will move its clocking. My spinner will be at the top sometimes, on the side sometimes or at the bottom sometimes but the wheels are straight, just the position of the wheel changes? The spinner location on the steering wheel hasn't changed just the clocking of the steering wheel. Anyone know how to stop the steering wheel position from changing position? It is driving me nuts. It steers perfect but I just can't figure out why the clocking changes.
5030 have it right ''hydrostatic power steering so wheel position is irrelevant''

/ My Steering Wheel does not stay centered #38  
I have a 1999 John Deere 345 garden tractor and does the same thing. I has 'power steering' and it never centers and its because of the hydrostatic steering mechanism.