Need simpler ideas to make this is old trailer dump again.

/ Need simpler ideas to make this is old trailer dump again. #11  
Thank you sir, that's why I posted this thread never crossed my mind to use a winch like that. I suppose if I do that method I'd have to figure a way to separate the two cables on the drum and sucessfully engineer a cable tensioner to prevent a cable rats nest, however you got me thinking.
JUst use winch drum as capstan... Make about 3-4-5-6 wraps of cable around winch drum and take the two ends, one to a pulley under tongue to bed and one up over a tower and come down to bed..... Use sheave block on spring as tensioner.....

/ Need simpler ideas to make this is old trailer dump again. #12  
Probably if I decide to use a winch Id keep it simple and add rack to put counterweights in front of dump bed to lower it with winch. Wish I had a spare winch lying around, might be able to utilize a cheaper manual hand crank winch maybe even use a snatch block to give me 2-1 for ease of cranking up I'd be apprehensive of a cheap hand crank winch though if it didn't ratchet and ran wild Im imaging someone could get hurt. definitely putting in a pin and bracket of some sort to lock bed Down Interesting ideas.
Would "Hi Lift Jack " (48 or 60 inch) give you enough lift..... Lot of arm work out though....

/ Need simpler ideas to make this is old trailer dump again.
JUst use winch drum as capstan... Make about 3-4-5-6 wraps of cable around winch drum and take the two ends, one to a pulley under tongue to bed and one up over a tower and come down to bed..... Use sheave block on spring as tensioner.....
That would be interesting to watch if I can get it to work.

/ Need simpler ideas to make this is old trailer dump again. #14  
Off in another direction...... Manual hydraulic pump, and a ram....

Would "Hi Lift Jack " (48 or 60 inch) give you enough lift..... Lot of arm work out though....

I can probably get that to work. But I already have a old long arm hydraulic jack off a cherry picker which was my initial thoughts of using. However nothing is set in stone. And this may be one of those learning experiences initially until I figure it out by errors. Hopefully at minimal to no cost lol

If I went with a double acting hydraulic cylinder I'd plumb it into my splitter on the rear remote of my 4150. I've thought about that also.

The thing that would make it worthwhile with this contraption is functionality and minimal cost especially using stuff I have laying around, I mean I bought the trailer for $50 lol really don't want to buy anything over the cost of trailer to make it work.

/ Need simpler ideas to make this is old trailer dump again. #18  
Is there any chance or concern with the load going over center and suddenly dumping? Reason for asking is that I had a small flat bed utility trailer that was tilt bed and would slam over center when dumping and then slam down when load came off.

/ Need simpler ideas to make this is old trailer dump again. #19  
It looks similar to the trailer my grandfather made in the 40's, using a 30's Chevrolet straight axle. It's full of pipe & leaves, I took pictures now, but he made a steel bed for it over wood so gravel, mulch, etc. we could easily shovel out. It doesn't tilt but me, I wouldn't want or need that.
If it was my trailer, using what I had laying around, I'd weld or clamp (bolt) it so it couldn't tilt. The sideboards on my grandfather's trailer are great for rolling stuff like limbs off sides. That's where we sat riding on it. One thing I did make for it was a box up front (picture I'm holding lid up), great for chains, gloves, pins, etc. I clamped a wheel-jack onto tongue.
When all through I'd brush paint it.
It's a handy trailer.
20230107_194927.jpg
20230107_194949.jpg
20230107_195024.jpg
20230107_195048.jpg
20230107_195059.jpg

/ Need simpler ideas to make this is old trailer dump again. #20  
Lots of light duty dump trailer builds, using winch, etc. on YouTube.

Bruce