Need simpler ideas to make this is old trailer dump again.

/ Need simpler ideas to make this is old trailer dump again. #31  
Since I have trailer ball on the 3 point hitch drawbar, lifting hitch makes it a dump trailer of sorts. Tilted up anything in it, mulch, gravel, etc. I slide off in minutes.

/ Need simpler ideas to make this is old trailer dump again. #32  
I have a older hydraulic power unit that I would sell. I have 50.00 in it. The control valve is attached to the pump, push of power up, pull for gravity down. You would just need a cylinder.
I can send a picture if you might be interested in it.
I've built two dump trailers, and several others.

Attachments

• Resize_0127181738-01_01 (1).jpg
    Resize_0127181738-01_01 (1).jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 219.jpg
    219.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 78
   / Need simpler ideas to make this is old trailer dump again.
I have a older hydraulic power unit that I would sell. I have 50.00 in it. The control valve is attached to the pump, push of power up, pull for gravity down. You would just need a cylinder.
If I decide to go the hydraulic route in a few months I'll let you know, 👍

/ Need simpler ideas to make this is old trailer dump again. #34  
Location?

Brief update after searching half heartedly for a cheap used two way hydraulic cylinder that still works, and eventual time of building an actual legitimate dumping mechanism on a trailer that cost me $50 which cant be used on public roads anyway decided to continue to use this as a push trailer pinned to the loader bucket to dump it. Will be welding and drilling a hole on another piece of steel on top of old cutting edge on bucket for reinforcement where I pin it. One more thing, I would not use this method on hilly or uneven ground with out probably first constructing a rotating coupler on trailer. Thanks for the insight.

Attachments

• KIMG2480.JPG
    KIMG2480.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • KIMG2486.JPG
    KIMG2486.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
   / Need simpler ideas to make this is old trailer dump again. #37  
Back in the old days, people made dumpcarts by putting a gravity dump box from old narrow gauge rail trolleys that were used to manually dig canals. They took WW2 army surplus axles, scrapped the rail wheels and put the dumpbin on that axle, to move earth at reparcelling operations in the 60s. When the horse drawn era stopped, lots of ditches were dug and old ones filled to get tractor sized fields.

In the 70s and 80s there were several manufacturers of hydraulic dumpwagons built on old airplane tires aside the wheelbarrow shaped box, like an ADT. These were virtually unstoppable due to their large wheels. They were nicknamed Ben Hur carts, as if they needed a horse on either side of the drawbar, and Ben Hur inside the box 😅👌

Poppink still builds this style, in moor they are still the weapon of choice.

Back in the old days, people made dumpcarts by putting a gravity dump box from old narrow gauge rail trolleys that were used to manually dig canals. They took WW2 army surplus axles, scrapped the rail wheels and put the dumpbin on that axle, to move earth at reparcelling operations in the 60s. When the horse drawn era stopped, lots of ditches were dug and old ones filled to get tractor sized fields.

In the 70s and 80s there were several manufacturers of hydraulic dumpwagons built on old airplane tires aside the wheelbarrow shaped box, like an ADT. These were virtually unstoppable due to their large wheels. They were nicknamed Ben Hur carts, as if they needed a horse on either side of the drawbar, and Ben Hur inside the box 😅👌

Poppink still builds this style, in moor they are still the weapon of choice.

Building a swiveling coupler on the trailer tongue to help prevent twisting/ bending of bucket/ loader arms when operating on unlevel ground. More to follow when time and documentation using electronic contraption allows. Definitely can live with laying a $50 trailer on its side in a worse case operating error scenario.

Easiest quickest solution would be to buy a ball and coupler but what's the backwoods hack enjoyment of doing that? I like using hitch pins.

/ Need simpler ideas to make this is old trailer dump again. #40  
I have made inserts for two trailers I have for hauling brush and leaves. The pole can telescope and winch receiver will accept either manual or electric winches.

Attachments

• IMG_1064.JPG
    IMG_1064.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 29