Neighbor removed my property line pin

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin #302  
   / Neighbor removed my property line pin #304  
So many have fought and died for property and property lines. Its to be taken seriously.

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin #307  
Having worked for a civil engineer, my FIL, it would be very difficult to remove a property line pin, at least the way we installed them, since all of them were driven into the ground just above being flush. We used either oak 2" x 2" x 2' stake, a rebar, or a concrete monument with a brass medallion on top. We placed a small tack on the top of the oak stake at the exact point and the concrete monument had an X in the brass medallian. We also pounded in a guard stake near the one of the aforementioned pins and tied a orange plastic ribbon on it so the pins would be easier to find. Whenever there was a property line dispute, it was not unusual for one of the combatants to storm out of their house, with great flourish and much harrumphing, rip the guard stake out of the ground and hold it up as a war trophy or fling it into the woods, believing he/she not only showed up their neighbor but also us.

EDIT: I did not re-read this entire thread, so maybe the neighbor did dig the marker out of the ground.

Last edited:
   / Neighbor removed my property line pin #308  
Because people changed there minds when splitting up property or various other reasons, I have pulled many pins. They come out of the ground pretty easy. I’m talking rebars or pipe. A pair of vise grips, spin it a couple of times, and out it comes. In hard ground you just pry on the use grips with a spade.

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin #309  
Because people changed there minds when splitting up property or various other reasons, I have pulled many pins. They come out of the ground pretty easy. I’m talking rebars or pipe. A pair of vise grips, spin it a couple of times, and out it comes. In hard ground you just pry on the use grips with a spade.

That's why I qualified my comments with 'at least that's the way we installed them.' We never got called back to replace a marker. Maybe someone got them out and did not call us.

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin #310  

Not the markers they put down in my neck of the woods . . . you would need a strong bucket or BH/EX to pull them up.