New 40x64' Pole Barn (sort of)

/ New 40x64' Pole Barn (sort of)
Any chance of getting a picture of the bracket and pole combination?

Sure thing! The first two pics are of the standard bracket (one-piece)...they come in two heights, and various widths for the different size poles or 2x boards. The third pic is of a corner where you can't use the one-piece bracket, because the flange would stick out the side of the building. So, you use two separate pieces, and turn the outer one so that the flange faces inwards, and the pole sits on top of it....we did a bit of a countersink for the head of the tapcon bolt. It was hard to get a picture of it, but you can somewhat see both sides.

An important note for anybody considering this is that the bolts and screws (two of each) that go through the bracket and the poles need to be galvanized, or coated....new pressure treated lumber will eat through normal metal in a very short time period. Finding 4x6 and 6x6 poles this size that aren't treated is possible, but can be a real pain, so I didn't bother trying (lumber yard supplying everything else couldn't get them).

Looks good. Did they just run rafters for the lean to or did the trusses extend over?

I took a couple of pictures that show how they tied the lean-to into the trusses....pretty simple. You can ignore the horizontal 2x4....I added them to support the wire mesh (keep the birds out).

Inside view:

Outside view:

/ New 40x64' Pole Barn (sort of) #33  
Thanks for those pictures. It looks like they notched 2x10's to sit on the buildings headers. What is the width of your lean to? I was thinking of doing 14-16'.

Thanks for those pictures. It looks like they notched 2x10's to sit on the buildings headers. What is the width of your lean to? I was thinking of doing 14-16'.

It's only 12ft, but I would have like 14-16'. I couldn't go deeper because the septic field is directly behind the building. :(

Got the vapor barrier up, and half of the ceiling metal hung....

AA5F5DE4-C811-4B5B-820D-4B225CD75AB5_zpsckrukufr.jpg

/ New 40x64' Pole Barn (sort of) #37  
Great built and one of the best TBN photo captions... "This is how you keep your LS and Massey from having a Lassey!"

Great built and one of the best TBN photo captions... "This is how you keep your LS and Massey from having a Lassey!"

LOL...yeah, that sort of cracked me up. At least I can make myself laugh :D

Here's the last ceiling panel going up:

Finished ceiling...now it's time to frame the bathroom, and start on the walls!