New 5055E

/ New 5055E #11  
Nice tractor, I will look forward to hearing how you like it. I have been looking for a 100hp tractor for baling, and mowing as well as tillage. However we are also looking for another tractor for raking and tedding, and the 5055E has been what i have had my eyes on for a little while for that purpose.

/ New 5055E #12  
First cab 5000 series I have seen with R4's. Congratulations.

/ New 5055E #13  
Nice lookin' rig! You're on the short side with HP@pto with both the 7' or the double spindle 8' cutter if you're gonna cut anything heavier than grass - IMO. Although, as mentioned I think the 8' double spins up easier than the big 7' single.
I'd go with a 6' brush cutter and 45hp especially if you're gonna be in anything shrubby.
Happy tractor'n!

AKfish

/ New 5055E
Nice tractor, I will look forward to hearing how you like it. I have been looking for a 100hp tractor for baling, and mowing as well as tillage. However we are also looking for another tractor for raking and tedding, and the 5055E has been what i have had my eyes on for a little while for that purpose.

I picked it up today. Dealer mechanic loaded it on trailer. Brought home and went to unload only to find out its a 9/3 transmission instead of a power reverser and has 10 hrs. I'm not worried about the hours but the transmission mishap is a problem. Salesman was great when I called him. Apparantly we had a huge miscommunication. Taking it back tues. Tractor came from about 4 hrs away to get the R4s. He had no idea about the hours. Luckily they have a few 5055e tractors on the lot they can swap tires with. Bluetooth radio won't turn on so hopefully they can get it straight on this next tractor.

First cab 5000 series I have seen with R4's. Congratulations.

I like the look. Wouldn't mind them being a hair bigger in the back but it's an improvement over the narrow R1s!

Nice lookin' rig! You're on the short side with HP@pto with both the 7' or the double spindle 8' cutter if you're gonna cut anything heavier than grass - IMO. Although, as mentioned I think the 8' double spins up easier than the big 7' single.
I'd go with a 6' brush cutter and 45hp especially if you're gonna be in anything shrubby.
Happy tractor'n!

AKfish

I've ran a mx5100 with a 7' cutter. Had plenty of power. I'm hoping this one will be fine. With a width of 76" for tracks and 80" overall I think the 72' wouldve been a hair to small. Thinking once I'm out of warranty I can swap out the injectors, get a larger turbo and turn the fuel up a bit to get to 75 hp

Thanks for the compliments. Didn't get any new pics as I was rather upset over the oversight I didn't catch.

Brett

/ New 5055E #15  
Yup, the tranny issue would have been a show stopper for me. Do really like those R4's. The R1's on my 5075 are real hard on most territory!
Lookin' forward to your pics.

AKfish

/ New 5055E #16  
I'm a "hill" guy so excuse me if this doesn't apply. Looks terribly top heavy with the rears set in that far. Hopefully in your situation, won't matter.

Love that green paint!!!! Congratulations!!!

/ New 5055E
I'm a "hill" guy so excuse me if this doesn't apply. Looks terribly top heavy with the rears set in that far. Hopefully in your situation, won't matter.

Love that green paint!!!! Congratulations!!!

Thanks!

I thought it looked awful narrow as well until I saw it in person. They can move it out 4" more but then it'll be around 80". Going to run it as it is when I get the right one and see how it feels! We don't have many hills here either so that helps

Brett

/ New 5055E #18  
Brett,

Yeah, you'll know when you get some seat time. I'm in steep timber land a lot. My rears are 90" to the outside. That's on an open station, 10K lb tractor. 3000 lb of that weight is the rear tire/wheel/weights/fluid combination. I'm very stable on steep terrain with the rear tires firmly planted.

Anxious to see pics when you get her home and start using it. Again, congrats on a great tractor!!

/ New 5055E
Dropping tractor off around 9 am. Should have the right one home that afternoon! Have a lot of box blading and mowing to do still. Mowed dead grass looks better than tall dead grass!

Brett

/ New 5055E #20  
Especially when mowed with a new tractor!!!