New 5055E

/ New 5055E #31  
I put the ones on front just like the ones that came on the back. Mowed about five acres night before last. Didn't get the tractor moved out there til after dark and I really wanted to get it done so I just turned on the work lights and did it. Plenty of light. Wish I'd had those a long time ago.

/ New 5055E
Just an update. Love the tractor but having these problems. Should I try to get them to swap it out for another one? Has 21 hrs on it now I think. Had it since nov 25th.

Oil in antifreeze
3pt will only raise about half of what it should. Makes loading equipment fun
Big cab bolt that connect to rops is stripped and sticking up about 1/2-3/4". They are mentioning new cab possible??
Telescoping steering wheel won't lock
Missing one rear carriage bolt and another is loose on rear tire
Caution light comes on constantly and kicks pto off
Brakes go to floor, have to pump them. Another thing that's fun when loading equipment.

d191dc1b152c527646c3ea14ead74731_zps19e494cd.jpg

Brett

/ New 5055E #33  
Don't believe you should have to deal with these issues on a new unit and don't believe I would ever trust it. My personality and nature as it is, I believe I would constantly be listening and wondering what else is not right. I too like this size tractor from JD, but just don't understand how/why they allow the quality control to be as lax as they seem to be allowing.

/ New 5055E #34  
What does the dealer say? I'd think you would just lay this stuff in his lap and say bring it back when everything is fixed.... or tell him to take it back.

/ New 5055E
Don't believe you should have to deal with these issues on a new unit and don't believe I would ever trust it. My personality and nature as it is, I believe I would constantly be listening and wondering what else is not right. I too like this size tractor from JD, but just don't understand how/why they allow the quality control to be as lax as they seem to be allowing.

I'm the same way. I'll be paranoid and it takes the fun out of buying a new tractor. I went new so I didn't have these hidden issues. Atleast that was my thought process.

What does the dealer say? I'd think you would just lay this stuff in his lap and say bring it back when everything is fixed.... or tell him to take it back.

They are picking it up today. They are great and I really like them. Sound like they are committed to making it right and treating me good. I'll go over there sat to check on the progress.

Brett

/ New 5055E #36  
Sorry your having issues, it's too bad to have to deal with that on a new machine. Let us know how it turns out.

/ New 5055E #37  
Really stinks you are having so many issues with your new Deere! Hope they make it right for u. Keep us posted. Deere needs to focus on quality and not profits. If quality is good, profit is guaranteed.

/ New 5055E #38  
Wow sounds like your tractor must have been made at quitting time on a Friday. Everyone just said where going home. Yeah this list is crazy and the hole water in oil is not good. I know on the brakes they are suppose to go a good ways down the first time and then the next time they are suppose to have pressure and not go very far down. Its my understanding they had brake sticking issues.

/ New 5055E #39  
Pretty frustrating... I'm sure! Deere is generally very responsive to customers with "new tractor" problems! Much depends upon your local dealer and his willingness to broker the repairs with corporate leadership.

Nonetheless, I have also noticed a few complaints about the brakes on the new 5000E tractors. That seems to be a 'new' problem as I don't recall folks listing that as a concern on the previous 5000 tractors.

Maybe Deere "engineered" an improved braking system on the latest models... Curious to know how big of a problem it really is and what JD is doing about it.

AKfish

/ New 5055E
Pretty frustrating... I'm sure! Deere is generally very responsive to customers with "new tractor" problems! Much depends upon your local dealer and his willingness to broker the repairs with corporate leadership.

Nonetheless, I have also noticed a few complaints about the brakes on the new 5000E tractors. That seems to be a 'new' problem as I don't recall folks listing that as a concern on the previous 5000 tractors.

Maybe Deere "engineered" an improved braking system on the latest models... Curious to know how big of a problem it really is and what JD is doing about it.

AKfish

I've already been told by someone it was normal to have to pump them once. I called BS and according to the manual under trouble shooting, if they brakes are soft or go down to far, they need to be bled. How, I haven't a clue. So far everything with the dealer has been great. I'm going in the morning to check on the status of it.

Brett