New Diesel Truck-- Buy Now, or Wait?

/ New Diesel Truck-- Buy Now, or Wait? #82  
Skipped high school????
Plenty of homeschooled kids finish high school early and plenty of others start college before they're done with high school. My 9 year old is reading and doing math at a 5th-6th grade level and spends less time doing school work than many of the public school kids in the area spend on the bus. No idea if any of that applies to @CloverKnollFarms kids, just pointing out some of the possibilities.

/ New Diesel Truck-- Buy Now, or Wait? #83  
In many places you can start college courses in 8th or 9th grade if your capable

/ New Diesel Truck-- Buy Now, or Wait? #84  
Skipped high school????

He is homeschooled. He will have an associates at 16. He began college courses when he was 13. Had to get the deans approval for his courses this spring, but he has gotten straight A"s in his first four courses, so his professors wrote letters for him.

His peers took a couple years off during Covid... Homeschool has been a huge blessing in our lives. Public school was never really for him, he did really poorly. He has excelled since we pulled him out.

/ New Diesel Truck-- Buy Now, or Wait? #85  
Plenty of homeschooled kids finish high school early and plenty of others start college before they're done with high school. My 9 year old is reading and doing math at a 5th-6th grade level and spends less time doing school work than many of the public school kids in the area spend on the bus. No idea if any of that applies to @CloverKnollFarms kids, just pointing out some of the possibilities.

Same experience. Public schools are such abject failures at providing quality education in the time allotted. They are basically tax payer funded daycares where kids are taught progressive ideas. Sometimes they might touch on math or reading

/ New Diesel Truck-- Buy Now, or Wait? #86  
We homeschooled all 9 of our kids until 9th grade. The younger two went in at 5th grade.

Our kids excelled academically in public school. Also got them use to schedules and timelines, which most of us have to endure until we retire.

/ New Diesel Truck-- Buy Now, or Wait? #88  
   / New Diesel Truck-- Buy Now, or Wait? #89  
We also live in a rural community so K-12 is a total of 350 students.
We lived where the highschool had 2500 students, then moved to one where there were 300. After two years here back in the country, we pulled both kids out. Mainly because of my son’s struggles with school. He is high functioning autistic, very high… he performs better in college courses than he ever did in public school.

Back to trucks though. If I were to buy, I wouldn’t wait… people did that with tractors, and they never came down in price. Lightly used trucks seem to be coming way down in price. I’d gladly buy a lightly used one for $20-$30k less than new. That alone would buy another vehicle completely

/ New Diesel Truck-- Buy Now, or Wait? #90  
Got this in an email today. Just FYI for anyone shopping.
1710883355684.png