New Forum Thread

/ New Forum Thread
Shimon said:
Is there a way to make the "View First Unread" feature automatic as soon as you enter a thread (see photo)? When I open a thread I would like to go directly to the first of the newest entries in the post like it used to in the old software. I know I can click the "View First Unread" button, but if I can save an extra click I may live a little bit longer. Thanks!

Yes. We are going to make it default, but in the mean time, click the little blue check box to the LEFT of the thread title.

/ New Forum Thread #102  
There is one feature that I really liked about the old software and that I don't care for on the vBulletin software and that is the ability to reply to a specific post. Now if you want to post to an older thread you have to quote them so they know you are replying to them and a lot of people don't do that. I'm used to it because of frequenting other sights, but that was one of the really nice features that I like about the old TBN. Like someone else said there are a lot of +s and some -s but that is really my only dislike.

/ New Forum Thread #103  
jwstewar said:
There is one feature that I really liked about the old software and that I don't care for on the vBulletin software and that is the ability to reply to a specific post. Now if you want to post to an older thread you have to quote them so they know you are replying to them and a lot of people don't do that. I'm used to it because of frequenting other sights, but that was one of the really nice features that I like about the old TBN. Like someone else said there are a lot of +s and some -s but that is really my only dislike.

Just use the quote or quick reply button in the message you want to reply to.. it should then show that.. for Instance.. I have replied to your message.. etc.. At least i think that is how it works.. lets see..

Soundguy

/ New Forum Thread #104  
Inspector507 said:
Freds go to your Control panel. Then click on Edit Options. Then down at the bottom is how you change the Interface Editor. Change it to Enhanced Editor. Now when you reply you have to option to add smilies/emoticons

Thanks inspector. That changes everything! :)

/ New Forum Thread #105  
Soundguy said:
Just use the quote or quick reply button in the message you want to reply to.. it should then show that.. for Instance.. I have replied to your message.. etc.. At least i think that is how it works.. lets see..

Soundguy
i just clicked on QUICK REPLY icon then when message window popped up put a check in box for "quote message in reply" see if that works?

/ New Forum Thread #106  
It does.. but you clicked on the quick reply box in my message, not the person i had been replying to.. who was asking the question.

In any case.. it works..

Soundguy

/ New Forum Thread #107  
Glad to see the upgrade. Looks good and the whole site loads so much faster.
Very Nice.

/ New Forum Thread #108  
Don't know whether to complain (don't like to be a complainer when it is free) or just 'go away' and maybe come back some other day.

I've been trying to get in since the 15th, but always got a message that TBN site wasn't working. Then I'd go to the 'front' page home site and nothing there to indicate I wasn't logged in. I pushed a bit today and learn that my password wouldn't work so I've been locked (logged?) out for the last week and didn't know it. Seems a message to my email would have pointed that out. Whatever.

I get into this site after logging in with new password and find a format that I've grown to dislike from other forums. Nothing is familiar, and I enjoyed familiarity. Stuck in my ways I guess, but I liked the format we used to have. Very much dislike this one, which is my problem, I know.

I did look at some of my recent messages and the icons were missing, with some hyroglyphics in their place like [sign]0{3d8**] or whatever.

Now I just chose the 'angry' icon and it didn't put it in the message, but stuck it with the Re: New Forum Thread title. ???? Guess I need to get used to that, or just drop it.

I am disappointed. Others will prevail and continue to enjoy the forum.
With me, the jury is out.

See ya around maybe.

Beenthere

PS
I don't see anything loading faster, and if anything, it takes longer to get around. IMO (smiley face here).

/ New Forum Thread #109  
New stuff's always confusing at first, especially for a computer dummy like me, but I really think this is going to be much better once we get accustomed to it.

/ New Forum Thread #110  
Bird said:
New stuff's always confusing at first, especially for a computer dummy like me, but I really think this is going to be much better once we get accustomed to it.
I particularly like the way when you do a quick reply it quotes the post you're replying to ... makes it easier for me to keep track of who is saying what to whom...change gets harder as we get older it seems ... but as much as I'm struggling with this one - I agree with you Bird - I think it'll be better.