New Forum Thread

/ New Forum Thread #111  
Hi Muhamed,
I found it a little different in the beginning but I am getting the hang of it rather quickly. Maybe by changing some colors as you said, will pacify some members that miss the old format.

You have some neat new features !!!

/ New Forum Thread #112  
Well things are loading much faster on my dial up connection than they were with the old format. That makes any of the changes alright with me.

Muhammad, when the change over dust settles and you have time to look over everything, it sure would be nice for some of us with old eyes if there was a way to enable larger font as an option.

I’m sure you and staff have been putting in some long hours. Thanks for all the efforts.

MarkV

/ New Forum Thread #113  
MarkV said:
... it sure would be nice for some of us with old eyes if there was a way to enable larger font as an option.
I'm struggling with the LARGE font that this forum is using now. I'm hoping for a stylesheet similar to the 'small gray font' of the old forum.

/ New Forum Thread #114  
beenthere said:
Now I just chose the 'angry' icon and it didn't put it in the message, but stuck it with the Re: New Forum Thread title. ???? Guess I need to get used to that, or just drop it. (smiley face here).

If you'll go read a few posts up, you'll see where I had this exact problem. Inspector instructed what to change in my settings and now the emoticons work. :eek: see... :p

I prefer the old forum, too, but if this one has better security like was said... I'm all for it.

/ New Forum Thread #115  
I definitely prefer this software... I'm much more familiar and comfortable with vBulletin boards than I was with the old software. Needless to say, I was delighted when I saw TBN had made the switch!

I'll try to help out when I can if there are questions...

/ New Forum Thread #116  
Muhammad said:
Yes. We are going to make it default, but in the mean time, click the little blue check box to the LEFT of the thread title.

The little blue box is now gone???
Bob

/ New Forum Thread #117  
Muhammad,
One thing I've noticed is that when you view an attachment in a post and press the "back" button to get back to the thread, you go back to the top of the thread instead of to the post that had the attachment. Have you already addressed this? Did I miss it? Or is there another way to return to the thread without using the "back" button?
Thank you,
Rob-

/ New Forum Thread #118  
Doc_Bob said:
The little blue box is now gone???
Bob
The forum now automatically takes you to the newest post. No need for the blue box.

/ New Forum Thread
3RRL said:
Muhammad,
One thing I've noticed is that when you view an attachment in a post and press the "back" button to get back to the thread, you go back to the top of the thread instead of to the post that had the attachment. Have you already addressed this? Did I miss it? Or is there another way to return to the thread without using the "back" button?
Thank you,
Rob-

Give me a URL of a thread that this happens in. Be sure to copy the exact URL when it doesn't jump back to the post. It should jump back to the first unread post if the thread had unread messages in it before. Otherwise, no, it doesn't jump.

But I have an idea for a work-around either way.

/ New Forum Thread #120  
Muhammad said:
Give me a URL of a thread that this happens in. Be sure to copy the exact URL when it doesn't jump back to the post. It should jump back to the first unread post if the thread had unread messages in it before. Otherwise, no, it doesn't jump.

But I have an idea for a work-around either way.
Here's a thread.

I had never read this thread before. I read all the messages, got to the last post which had a picture attached, viewed the picture, hit the browser Back button, was bounced back to the first post.