3-Point Hitch New LS G3033

/ New LS G3033 #11  
Random, glad you got it resolved. I would have expected the dealer to be a little more helpful on your initial call. Did you buy your LS in New Alex? I am from Pa also but I got mine in Sandy Lake. I've had it almost a month now but don't have 1 hour on the meter - its just been too wet to even move it out of the shed. This rain is crazy!

/ New LS G3033 #12  
Yep Pa born and raised. I acturaly bought my Monyana in Ohio I am only 15 miles from the border. Real nice unit great power lots of options too and I couldn't beat the price. I did lots of research before I bought it, so I knew more about it than any car or truck that I have ever bought. I also knew that they were having trouble but I wasn't too worried because the dealer was already looking into LS as an option, he wasn't going anywhere and parts "shouldn't be a problem". Mine is a 2009 model that I bought in 2010 and I am really happy with it so far, the only thing is I wish the loader was a little faster I am used to my 621's loader that has an external hydraulic pump and doesn't share it with the 3pt it doesn't have 3pt it's an industrial unit and oh yea I wich it was LS blue but you can't have everything.
I have restored my 841 and am planning on selling it, then I have to do some motor work on the jubilee and I am goint to sell it to. I just don't need 4 tractors, but I am going to keep the 621 because it has a BH and it comes in handy a lot.

/ New LS G3033
Joe - I did indeed buy my LS in New Alex and I think I may have been too critical about my dealer. I think he thought he was dealing with a first-timer and tried to over explain everything. He also hadn't encountered this sticking valve before so he just assumed I had done something stupid.

Now explain to me how anyone can own a tractor for a month and still have less than an hour on it! I'm already at 5 hours after two days. (Call me obsessive-compulsive). Actually we'd had less rain in the mountains than you guys have had and it is easier to redo my road before things dry out and get rock hard.

My tractor is getting wet anyway. My old Ford lived outdoors so I didn't have a shed or barn up and my totally unreasonable wife vetoed the idea of giving up her garage stall for the LS. I'm already drawing up plans for a new tractor shed.

Guesseral - I'd really like to keep and restore my 841 but I'd rather stay married. Like I said, my wife is totally unreasonable about these things. She actually thinks I have too many guns and guitars and other toys. I'd love to have added a BH to my LS but she put her foot down on that. She cheated by asking me "how many hours could you RENT a backhoe for $6,000?" She is logical; hence unfair.

/ New LS G3033 #14  
Now explain to me how anyone can own a tractor for a month and still have less than an hour on it! I'm already at 5 hours after two days. (Call me obsessive-compulsive).

I know you weren't addressing me with that question, but I feel compelled to fess-up here. I've probably had my S3010 longer than most of you guys (16 months now), but still only have 22 hours on it last I looked. Unfortunately, we have a long distance relationship and only get to see each other on some weekends.:(

Like I said, my wife is totally unreasonable about these things... ...She cheated by asking me "how many hours could you RENT a backhoe for $6,000?" She is logical; hence unfair.

Logic huh..., well that's not very nice..., kinda like bringing a sawed-off shotgun to a knife fight....

/ New LS G3033 #15  
Now explain to me how anyone can own a tractor for a month and still have less than an hour on it! I'm already at 5 hours after two days. (Call me obsessive-compulsive). Actually we'd had less rain in the mountains than you guys have had and it is easier to redo my road before things dry out and get rock hard.

A couple reasons. 1) My schedule usually has me away from home for two weeks out of the month. 2) The rain around here has just been relentless. I would just dig ruts across my soggy field. And besides, I haven't bought a rear mower yet and my box blade should be here next week. I have to admit I'm getting tired of just sitting on the tractor and making a diesel noise:D

/ New LS G3033 #16  
LittleBlue: I think you are still ahead of me. I think mine only shows about 20 but it quit working when I was building my pond for about 10 hours and then started back so I think I have about 30 hours on it sinc Oct 2010. I get home 18 days every 8 weeks and much of that time is spent doing other catch up jobs so the tractor gets a little time, but not much. I think I have the record for long distance relationships though. Can anyone top 7000 airmiles? I hope to have 100 hours on it before I die and I hope to live at least another 20 years. Just got lots of things to do with landscaping the new home place that doesnt require a tractor, although my RTV 900 got a pretty good workout last trip home and I might even get to mow some grass with my new ZTR mower that got about 1 hour on it all last year.:ashamed:

/ New LS G3033 #17  
Wow, I have 50.5. Owned the tractor since 31 Dec.
Time for the 50 hour service.

/ New LS G3033
Atta boy Rocknrod. I put a couple more hours on my LS yesterday but today the rain has returned. I guess it's off to the gun show for me!

/ New LS G3033 #19  
Did you happen to pull back on the little lever on the right fender that has a green button below it. If it faces towards the back of tractor push the green button to release lever.The small lever is a feature that allows you to set the 3 pt depth and leave the setting there. Then just pull back on the I think on mine it is a green color sleeve and the 3 pt goes all the way up make your turn and get back to where you want to drop implement push button 3 pt goes right back to position. I LOVE THAT FEATURE at least I think it is a feature :). I believe LS states in the manual it is a safety lock so someone will not drop the implement by accident. I personally would never use that as a safety, the only safe way to work around an implement on the back of a tractor is to properly block it up or remove from the tractor. So I use it to set my last 3 pt down level and use the small arm to raise my arms, then i just push the button and goes right back where it was. Sweet IMO.

/ New LS G3033
Did you happen to pull back on the little lever on the right fender that has a green button below it.

I'm guessing you are talking about the draft control lever? My tractor only has position control so I lack that extra lever and button. I agree that would be a handy feature, particularly if you are sod busting.