3-Point Hitch New LS G3033

/ New LS G3033 #41  
Glad it works for you shafshak, I was very close to buying the same tractor...... I agree with the weight needed in the rear ends...the smaller tractors work great but are light at times. any weight added certainly pays off....

/ New LS G3033 #42  
I am thinking of buying a new LS. Tired of fixing my 1958 Farmall! The LS here in NB are certainly cheaper, can get a new one for same or less than the second hand competition. Any reason not to purchase an LS? Would be looking at the 38 HP model. Any feedback would be appreciated the last thing I want to do is spend money I don't have on something that is going to be broke half the time.:confused:

Hi Scott, Did you purchase an LS tractor yet? I'm curious about how the new LS manufactured replacement for the Mitsubishi engine is holding up in the LS G3033? Anyone heard positive or negative on new LS engine? Is the 38 HP a Mitsubishi or LS engine? Dave says I have :confused:"analysis paralysis" and he is so correct! My wife says just :thumbsup:buy a new tractor and quite wasting time shopping when you could be moving some dirt around and :Dterrorizing the ground squirrels.
Solinski

/ New LS G3033 #43  
Hi Scott, Did you purchase an LS tractor yet? I'm curious about how the new LS manufactured replacement for the Mitsubishi engine is holding up in the LS G3033? Anyone heard positive or negative on new LS engine? Is the 38 HP a Mitsubishi or LS engine? Dave says I have :confused:"analysis paralysis" and he is so correct! My wife says just :thumbsup:buy a new tractor and quite wasting time shopping when you could be moving some dirt around and :Dterrorizing the ground squirrels.
Solinski

I'm doing some comparison shopping myself. So far an LS G3033 from Lane Tractor in Los Molinos, has the best deal. the tractor/loader, and rotary mower, rake and box scrapper for $16K, tax included.

The next best deal is a Mahindra 3016, (28 HP) same package deal, for $19K after tax.

/ New LS G3033
Shafsak,

Sorry, I just noticed your question. I used 25 gallons of Rv antifreeze per tire and installed it using a drill-driven pump and a valve adapter from Gempler's.

/ New LS G3033 #45  
Hi randombro, Can you tell me the part # for Gemplers valve adaptor? Did you also add water to the antifreeze? What trans does your LS 3033 have? How do you like the seat? I'm thinking of replacing the seat on the LS 3033 as part of the purchase since the seat seems :(very uncomfortable! How many hours do you have your LS 3033?
Thanks! :D Solinski

/ New LS G3033
Hi randombro, Can you tell me the part # for Gemplers valve adaptor? Did you also add water to the antifreeze? What trans does your LS 3033 have? How do you like the seat? I'm thinking of replacing the seat on the LS 3033 as part of the purchase since the seat seems :(very uncomfortable! How many hours do you have your LS 3033?
Thanks! :D Solinski

Gempler's offers two different valve adapters; I ordered both of them just to have them on hand. The one I used to fill my tires, however, was the brass quick-fill adapter. You can see them both here: Installing Liquid Ballast in Tires | Gempler's

I used undiluted RV antifreeze (no water). Got it on sale at Tractor Supply for $2 a gallon. Used 25 gallons per tire (which is the recommended amount for my AG tires). If you have industrial tires, your volume might be different. This page has volumes for both AG and Turf tire sizes; you may need to search for Industrial tire volumes. Tires should be filled with ballast to about 75% of their volume:
Liquid Tire Ballast

I have the 4-speed, 3-range, shuttle-shift transmission. I have no complaints about my 3033's seat, but your butt may be different. I have about 50 hours on my machine.

/ New LS G3033 #47  
Gempler's offers two different valve adapters; I ordered both of them just to have them on hand. The one I used to fill my tires, however, was the brass quick-fill adapter. You can see them both here: Installing Liquid Ballast in Tires | Gempler's

I used undiluted RV antifreeze (no water). Got it on sale at Tractor Supply for $2 a gallon. Used 25 gallons per tire (which is the recommended amount for my AG tires). If you have industrial tires, your volume might be different. This page has volumes for both AG and Turf tire sizes; you may need to search for Industrial tire volumes. Tires should be filled with ballast to about 75% of their volume:
Liquid Tire Ballast

I have the 4-speed, 3-range, shuttle-shift transmission. I have no complaints about my 3033's seat, but your butt may be different. I have about 50 hours on my machine.
Hi radombro, thanks for info and :thumbsup:quick reply! I may try the LS seat and see if I :confused:get used to it. Why did you choose gear trans? I was totally convinced that a gear trans. is more reliable (stronger) and more economical to operate but was grudgingly lured to the :licking:dark side(HST). What made you choose a gear trans? Do you feel your LS 3033 gear has a low enough gearing? I test drove LS 3033 gear and low gear did not seem :(low enough? What type work do you do with your LS 3033?j Thanks,Solinski

/ New LS G3033
Hi radombro, thanks for info and :thumbsup:quick reply! I may try the LS seat and see if I :confused:get used to it. Why did you choose gear trans? I was totally convinced that a gear trans. is more reliable (stronger) and more economical to operate but was grudgingly lured to the :licking:dark side(HST). What made you choose a gear trans? Do you feel your LS 3033 gear has a low enough gearing? I test drove LS 3033 gear and low gear did not seem :(low enough? What type work do you do with your LS 3033?j Thanks,Solinski

I choose the shuttle shift because it was stronger and cheaper than the HST. The shuttle shift makes going back and forth almost as easy as a HST. First gear in low range is a true creeper gear; plenty slow for cutting into a pile of dirt or gravel. Fourth gear in high range is too fast.

I use my tractor for road maintenance (snow plowing, surface grading, etc.), materials handling (gravel, dirt, rocks, mulch, etc.), log dragging, landscaping, and anything else that comes along. I'm very happy with it.