3-Point Hitch New LS G3033

/ New LS G3033 #21  
I forgot I have a picture of it.

Attachments

• controls.jpg
    controls.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 569
   / New LS G3033 #22  
Did you happen to pull back on the little lever on the right fender that has a green button below it. If it faces towards the back of tractor push the green button to release lever.The small lever is a feature that allows you to set the 3 pt depth and leave the setting there. Then just pull back on the I think on mine it is a green color sleeve and the 3 pt goes all the way up make your turn and get back to where you want to drop implement push button 3 pt goes right back to position. I LOVE THAT FEATURE at least I think it is a feature :). I believe LS states in the manual it is a safety lock so someone will not drop the implement by accident. I personally would never use that as a safety, the only safe way to work around an implement on the back of a tractor is to properly block it up or remove from the tractor. So I use it to set my last 3 pt down level and use the small arm to raise my arms, then i just push the button and goes right back where it was. Sweet IMO.

That is a nice feature, but the G models don't have it.

/ New LS G3033 #23  
Random, glad you got it resolved. I would have expected the dealer to be a little more helpful on your initial call. Did you buy your LS in New Alex? I am from Pa also but I got mine in Sandy Lake. I've had it almost a month now but don't have 1 hour on the meter - its just been too wet to even move it out of the shed. This rain is crazy!

Joemd11,

Hello! I just retired from the Navy and am planning on moving back to Warren, Pa this summer. I have been researching tractors and like what i have seen on this site for the LS tractors, unfortunatley i currently live in Corpus Christi, TX and the nearest LS dealer is 3 hours away. The LS site only lists Sandy Lake as a dealer in the W. PA area so i guess that is who i would be dealing with if i buy LS. Are there other dealers in the area, if so who. How has Sandy Lake been to deal with?

thanks for any insight/info.

Dave

/ New LS G3033 #24  
Sandy Lake will be dropping my new R4041 EZ off at about 1045 am this morning. They are a pleasure to deal with. Give them a call and speak to Bob Foster (VP) or Don Jones (sales). Web site is sandylakeimp.com
There is a dealer in new alexandria too. They are called new alexandria tractor. I spoke with Denny. He seemed pushy and wouldn't let me ask the questions I wanted because he would cut me off in mid sentence. Im not bashing him, but I just felt like he was trying to bully me. That's about all of your choices in WPA. Nathan Frey is in Sandusky OH.

/ New LS G3033 #25  
Dave,
The guys at Sandy Lake are great to deal with. I didn't check with the guys in New Alex so I can't comment on them. Do some research on the model that fits your needs and then talk to the guys that boomer referenced at Sandy Lake. You might check with SmithTractor. They are a big dealer in North Carolina and have posted in some LS threads. It is a challenge to research prices when there is only one dealer in an area. Good luck and welcome back to Western Pa! I have had my R3039 now for two months but I only have 4 hours on the meter. It has been raining here so much that my property is a mud hole.
Keep us posted on your progress.

/ New LS G3033 #26  
hey random.hows that tractor running ? i bought the same model from the same dealer also .GREAT tractor so far at 16 hrs compared to the old ferguson TO30 .any other problems?

/ New LS G3033 #27  
I've had my R4010 two weeks tomorrow and have 25 hours already. I might just goof off tomorrow.

/ New LS G3033 #28  
Hey Random, and other western Pa folks.

I am near Greensburg and researching some options. I am only about 10 miles or less from New Alex.

Ironwood

/ New LS G3033
Hey Guys,

Still only have about 40 hrs on my G3033 but it's doing just fine. I gave it its biggest workout (digging and hauling dirt & gravel) when I was building a new pole barn home for it (see pictures). I very quickly learned the value of rear ballast.

When I bought it, my dealer didn't offer beet juice and I didn't want calcium, so I ended up filling both rear tires with RV antifreeze. The dealer in New Alexandria NOW offers beet juice.

Only other problem to report is a small hydraulic fluid leak at the distribution box but that just required tightening of a fitting. Also replaced the stock top link with a shorter one, which gave me more lifting height on the 3-point.

I'm very happy with this machine and I'm still trying to convince my wife that I really need a backhoe attachment for it. So far she is being totally unreasonable on the subject.

Randombro

Attachments

• PB1.jpg
    PB1.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 328
  • PB2.jpg
    PB2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 555
   / New LS G3033 #30  
I am thinking of buying a new LS. Tired of fixing my 1958 Farmall! The LS here in NB are certainly cheaper, can get a new one for same or less than the second hand competition. Any reason not to purchase an LS? Would be looking at the 38 HP model. Any feedback would be appreciated the last thing I want to do is spend money I don't have on something that is going to be broke half the time.:confused: