New rechargeable work light

/ New rechargeable work light #61  
I'm looking at rechargeable types with a magnet and hook for working on machines.

I had trouble finding a light like this so I made my own.

I use DeWalt cordless tools and glued a couple of these magnets to the bottom of one of my batteries:
DO NOT USE SCREWS!

719gswBxDML._SL1500_.jpg

They are low profile and don't cause a problem when inserting the battery into any of the tools or chargers I have. The magnets are great for holding tools in place, including this work light:

518LGrcxc3L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

It also has a hook to hang in your work area.

The same idea would work with other cordless tool brands as well but check the clearance before gluing anything to a battery.

Last edited:
   / New rechargeable work light
Here is a review of the makita 18v light. Love it, super bright and lasts forever on there batteries. the light does have an adjustable angle and its hook is good. Cost $70

Down side it doesn't have a magnetic base and the on/off switch is stiff and difficult to actuate. Would buy again.

Makita DML801 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 12 L.E.D.
light70470.jpg

Last edited:
Here the the HF BRAUN 500 Lumen LED Rechargeable Magnetic Shop Work.

Nice light and glad I got it. Battery lasts pretty long and its a bright light. The battery mount is worthless but the hook on top is fine. Its wide enough to sit on the floor and stay upright. Cost $40.
light70466.jpg
light0465.jpg

Here is my least favorite light the NileBoom LED Work Light, 800 Lumens Rechargeable that cost just $15. The top hook isn't a hook but a loop which has limit opportunities to use. The battery lasts OK but the light is not very bright. The base is not wide enough to keep it upright but is magnetic as seen in the photo. Going to be used as flashlights.
light70468.jpg

/ New rechargeable work light #66  
I used my Makita LED light yesterday in a house that I was working on. I had the power turned off to install a dimmer switch, and I'm always impressed at how easy it is to angle it just right to see what I'm doing.

I used my Makita LED light yesterday in a house that I was working on. I had the power turned off to install a dimmer switch, and I'm always impressed at how easy it is to angle it just right to see what I'm doing.
Ya and it doesn't even weight that much. Good light.

/ New rechargeable work light #68  
A couple years ago my wife bought me some off brand Makita type batteries. They work, but don't last very long on my tools. The only thing they are good for is my Makita radio, and my Makita flashlight. They seem to last all day in those two things.

/ New rechargeable work light #69  
Hands down best I’ve had and wouldn’t want to be without, Astro 500lumen x2 . Can choose between one side or both sides on , also has a very bright spot light in the tip. Strong magnetic base or hook. Feature I like best is wireless magnetic charging, just stick em to the base for storage and always charged.
~$65 for one light and the charging base, ~$45 for additional light
but its only 500 lumen. us old guys need light

/ New rechargeable work light #70  
A little off topic but not completely. My wife got me two of these for Christmas. They are led and plug into a regular outlet. I’ve got one in my shop over the workbench that comes on with all the lights. This one is in the garage on our house which has terrible lighting. It had some 8 foot fluorescents on the ceiling but they stopped working years ago. They hang from some wires and you can adjust how high they go and also aim the led pods. This one I turn on with the switch which is located on the chord near the outlet.

IMG_2699.jpeg