New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue?

/ New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue? #21  
Yes that's what I thought the method in the video was totally different from other posts on here, but sadly this leaves me no closer to solving my issue I've seemed to try everything, but just can't get to the bottom of it

/ New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue? #22  
This guy is wrong on both counts.
1965 and up Ford tractors are negative ground no matter where in the world the tractor was built.
Polarizing this generator style system is accomplished by flashing the field, not the armature.

The information posted by oldmech are the two most certain ways to ruin a perfectly good voltage regulator.

You polarized correctly. The advise given above is incorrect for your charging system and if followed is the #1 method for letting the smoke out of a perfectly good VR.

Farmalls and almost all Delco charging systems are 'A' circuit systems. Your Ford is a 'B' circuit system. Looking4new would do well to read the comments below the video and educate himself before posting harmful "facts".

I bow down to the know it all from New York. salami, salami, baloney

/ New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue? #23  
I bow down to the know it all from New York. salami, salami, baloney

No bowing required. Just be ready to get called out when you post "information" that will cost the uninitiated $$$ if they follow.
Have a little contrition for posting garbage on a forum that people rely on.
You may chose to be anonymous here, but you are still responsible for what you post.

/ New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue? #24  
Has only one got any more suggestions as to what's causing this problem? It's hardly a dash fault bad ground/ anything like that

thanks

/ New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue? #25  
This guy is wrong on both counts.
1965 and up Ford tractors are negative ground no matter where in the world the tractor was built.
Polarizing this generator style system is accomplished by flashing the field, not the armature.

The information posted by oldmech are the two most certain ways to ruin a perfectly good voltage regulator.

No bowing required. Just be ready to get called out when you post "information" that will cost the uninitiated $$$ if they follow.
Have a little contrition for posting garbage on a forum that people rely on.
You may chose to be anonymous here, but you are still responsible for what you post.
Them that need to know who I am, already know who I am. Which by the way is none of your business.
The way I have always polorised a generator charging system is B to F.

/ New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue? #26  
Them that need to know who I am, already know who I am. Which by the way is none of your business.

The way I have always polorised a generator charging system is B to F.

I didn't ask, and have no need to know. What I need to know about you is already known.

/ New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue? #27  
I've noticed when I change back to old regulator witch is a genuine lucas the problem goes away, my new reg is not lucas could this add to the problem

/ New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue? #28  
Just being an aftermarket inferior component could be the entire problem. Does it charge with the Lucas VR?

/ New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue? #29  
That's what I'm thinking, this light is driving me crazy, yes with lucas VR connected and tractor sitting at 1000rpm I'm getting 14+ volts at reg and battery, the only thing the little coils on the back of the reg are a little hot, which is why I changed it in the first place. Or maybe this is normal there not roasting hot, but there is a little heat coming from them,

/ New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue? #30  
I would monitor the charging voltage over a range of ambient AND coolant temperatures and various run times. You do not want to see much over that 14 volts.