New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue?

/ New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue? #31  
Yes I will do, it's roughly about 14.3 at 1000rpm the last time I checked, I'd like to get my hands on a genuine lucas regulator, but I don't think there available anymore

/ New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue? #32  
We have had excellent results selling a VR from Atlantic. Part #1100-0560. We sell a lot of their electrical and rotating electrical stuff. Of course, maybe that is what you have, and you got a dud.

/ New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue? #33  
OK, yes it's possible, parts are hard to get in Ireland, sparex is the only real distributer of tractor parts here, there vr is clearly rubbish

/ New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue? #35  
Yes that's what I thought the method in the video was totally different from other posts on here, but sadly this leaves me no closer to solving my issue I've seemed to try everything, but just can't get to the bottom of it

motor testing your genny also polarized it.

you have a genny, wire harness and a vreg.

you know genny is good.

what's left... wires or vreg!

/ New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue? #36  
I bow down to the know it all from New York. salami, salami, baloney

Rick and I are just trying to keep BAD advice from damaging$$ other peopels stuff.

/ New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue? #37  
That's what I'm thinking, this light is driving me crazy, yes with lucas VR connected and tractor sitting at 1000rpm I'm getting 14+ volts at reg and battery, the only thing the little coils on the back of the reg are a little hot, which is why I changed it in the first place. Or maybe this is normal there not roasting hot, but there is a little heat coming from them,

those are bias resistors and WILL disipate SOME heat. they should not get glowing hot.. but they can be warm.

/ New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue? #38  
OK, yes it's possible, parts are hard to get in Ireland, sparex is the only real distributer of tractor parts here, there vr is clearly rubbish

I've seen plenty of JUNK Vregs as well. If your OE works, use it.

/ New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue? #39  
Hi, Yes I'm just going to put it down to the new vr being a dud, I've my old one back in and it's working fine, it does raise a little heat as you say but nothing to serious, Genny is good I've also totally rewired the charging system in the new, cables were all brittle and broken etc, all is well for now,
many thanks for all your advice

/ New (to me!) ford 3000, runs great, charging issue? #40  
My first thoughts are that 14.3 volts is a little low but then you mentioned at 1000 rpm, It's probably higher at higher engine speeds. Personally I would like to see 14.5 to 14.7 but your close enough.