No more 'treadle pedal'

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #32  
The newer style pedal is also available on the Grand L series as well, the L3560 has it, I read somewhere that it's fly by wire (solenoid controlled), not cable operated as mentioned

Attachments

• P1060492a.jpg
    P1060492a.jpg
    1,013.7 KB · Views: 195
   / No more 'treadle pedal' #33  

Solenoid would be on or off controlled by an on or off switch. The hydrostat control would probably be servo control where a potentiometer on the pedal controls a servo electronically in a linear manner. I don't know this for fact, just guessing.

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #34  
I see a lot of people try to use the mechanical ones like a big rocker and then complain how terrible it is, but they are doing it wrong. Should be obvious in my opinion (it's longer than even Sasquatch shoe size), but apparently not. If able to correct them, you can see a light bulb go off and they are happy. But I wonder how many people write off this kind of treadle and/or the brand because they are working it wrong.
Thanks for the explanations on the various Kubota pedal offerings.

I bet you are right about the use of the rocker like you describe above for many people, BUT. I also think you are misunderstanding the opposition that many people have to a treadle pedal in the first place.

Even if you don't put your whole foot on top of it and try to rock back and forth, they still suck (in my opinion). Because you can't really just rest your heel on the floor and try to go forward. You do have to hover your foot above the forward arrow/pedal and use some toe pressure to get it pressed down, and thats what blows. After a couple hours of loader work, or anything really, your leg is sore and tire. And each time you want reverse, you have to pick your whole leg up in the air, and reposition it further back on the deck to hit the reverse pedal. It's fatiguing, and pointless effort.

A conventional two-pedal hydro lets you just keep your heel on the floor and use the whole weight of your leg to easily apply forward pressure, it's much less fatiguing and requires less concentration and awareness. Just like true temper's thread shows, converting to pedals up front lets you keep your heel on the floor and it's a vast improvement for most people. Hard to understand why Kubota is staying with this setup.

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #35  
I have a Kubota Grand L with the smaller all metal wired pedal (below). My heel stays on the floor at all times when going forward and with just light toe pressure on the right side to advance. Yes it does involve shifting the entire leg & foot backwards for me to ’toe‘ for reverse. No biggie. Placing your entire foot on top and rocking is doable but only for short periods of fine manevouring for me. Chevy vs. Ford. It’s likely what one gets used too. I like it.

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #36  
They've been using that pedal for quite a while. The 2016 l6060 i used to run had it so I assume since the 60 series came out. I like it quite a bit despite usually hating everything that's electric over hydraulic. I'm really picky about control feel and response and haven't had any issue with it over about 3000 hours of use. I guess my leg feels slightly more extended than i'd want when going forward but thats being super nitpicky.
I have a 2004 Grand L5030 with the treadle and love it. Only took a few minutes to learn the best foot position that was comfortable for me.

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #37  
I have the large treadle peddle on my B20 and don't mind it a bit. What drives me crazy is the brake pedals on the same side forward of the treadle. How did they ever expect someone to operate both at the same time?

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #38  
I have the large treadle peddle on my B20 and don't mind it a bit. What drives me crazy is the brake pedals on the same side forward of the treadle. How did they ever expect someone to operate both at the same time?

They finally sorted that out on the newer hst models that don't still have a clutch pedal. the l6060 and LX3310 that i run have the brakes on the left but the L3200 and b2920 have em on the right. I get the feeling that they didnt want to deal with reengineering the brakes to accommodate HST's when the standard and GST's brake setup was already established. Ive been in a few situations working on slopes when having the brakes on the right really put me in a bind.

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #39  
does that mean the new MX's are getting HST +
that is interesting I was under the impression the MX series was a little less "deluxe" than the Grand L series as well as being a step up in the size department.

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #40  
It is well worth doing a test drive at the dealer. Listen closely about the attachments and height compared to what you now own….may not fit the new tractors and the new machines are taller in their stance. Went to buy a new tractor and discovered I would need all new attachments, plus a new barn door with new opening, so decided to keep my L standard transmission. The changes would cost more than the new tractor.