Oregon Drivers Can Now Learn To Pump Their Own Gas

/ Oregon Drivers Can Now Learn To Pump Their Own Gas #22  
As always, any time Oregon makes the news, it's never for anything good. We're getting slagged off pretty good for a mostly fake story, i.e., that full service will be going away in these areas. It's primarily for those areas that have equipped their pumps with card readers and don't operate 24 hours, as a convenience for the rural communities who often can't operate around the station's schedule. And for the hatchet-faced Portlandia WTU types, you can sit at the pump all night and shiver in your car until the station opens, no one is taking that right away from you.
And by the way, we have always had self-service here, it's called Pacific Pride. If you can qualify for their commercial volume, you can fuel up at any of their many stations, which are almost always empty. Cost is a bit higher than other stations, but most commercial ops pass it on anyway.

/ Oregon Drivers Can Now Learn To Pump Their Own Gas #23  
I wish there was someone at a gas station to pump the gas, the last one I seen was ten years ago. My biggest problem now is where and how do I put the credit card in, every gas pump is different. Years ago I used to be able just pull up to the pump put the gas in, then go pay cash, buy a coffee, donut, chips,,,,,,, now its credit card or pre-pay and since I'm not a fan of going in the store twice, I now use the card only and stand there listening to those stupid comercial over the stupid tin sounding speakers................Now it's just gas and go, no more gas plus coffee.

/ Oregon Drivers Can Now Learn To Pump Their Own Gas #24  
I haven't been to Oregon since the 90's and every time I would get gas, I would attempt to pump it myself and then somebody would stop me and tell me that it's not allowed, and that they would have to do it for me. It seemed like a good way to create jobs for High School kids and maybe somebody putting themselves through college.

Now I'm enjoying all the meme's and twitters that are being posted about it. I have no idea how much of it is true, and how much is humor based on some extreme examples, but either way, it's funny.

/ Oregon Drivers Can Now Learn To Pump Their Own Gas #25  
I haven't been to Oregon since the 90's and every time I would get gas, I would attempt to pump it myself and then somebody would stop me and tell me that it's not allowed, and that they would have to do it for me. It seemed like a good way to create jobs for High School kids and maybe somebody putting themselves through college.

Now I'm enjoying all the meme's and twitters that are being posted about it. I have no idea how much of it is true, and how much is humor based on some extreme examples, but either way, it's funny.

I’ll bet that most is way closer to true than to false. Especially the “green gas”.

/ Oregon Drivers Can Now Learn To Pump Their Own Gas #28  
Last I knew the nozzle on a diesel pump wouldn't fit into one designed for gas.

/ Oregon Drivers Can Now Learn To Pump Their Own Gas #29  
We have gas stations in small rural Kansas towns that are just pumps in the middle of town, no store or anything other than the pumps with card readers. I don't want some dweeb putting gas in my truck anyway.

/ Oregon Drivers Can Now Learn To Pump Their Own Gas #30  
As always, any time Oregon makes the news, it's never for anything good. We're getting slagged off pretty good for a mostly fake story, i.e., that full service will be going away in these areas. It's primarily for those areas that have equipped their pumps with card readers and don't operate 24 hours, as a convenience for the rural communities who often can't operate around the station's schedule. And for the hatchet-faced Portlandia WTU types, you can sit at the pump all night and shiver in your car until the station opens, no one is taking that right away from you.
And by the way, we have always had self-service here, it's called Pacific Pride. If you can qualify for their commercial volume, you can fuel up at any of their many stations, which are almost always empty. Cost is a bit higher than other stations, but most commercial ops pass it on anyway.

That is true. I have a CFN and Pacific Pride card, so I've been pumping my own fuel for 30 years.