Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage

/ Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #31  
I find it interesting that most of the e-bike fires are in metropolitan places, mainly New York city which tells me they are low buck imported bikes plugged into wall sockets and forgotten about until thy catch fire.. Cheap electronics again. I'd never have one as I believe in riding a bicycle is for exercise not for being powered by an external power source. Never has set well with me.

Heck, I have a 3 speed (Strumery Archer) gearset in my Schwinn and I ride it on the dirt roads out here all the time.

/ Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #32  
I think they are used for transportation in big cities. But you are correct they are older and/or cheaper models with unstable lithium. Todays premium lithium LiPO4 is way more stable and much less likely to burn than that old stuff.

/ Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #33  
I still maintain it all depends on the quality of the electronics in the charger that determines if they catch fire or not. Obvious to me that Li-Ion batteries when fully charged don't like to be 'charged' more and catch fire.
There is a lot to it. Lithium chemistries all differ and none can be safely charged with the caveman methods used for lead-acid, NiCAD, or NiMH.

Most lithium fires come from shorting the output. Low internal resistance allows massive amounts of instantaneous current. Is the low internal resistance which makes lithium attractive for instantaneous high output torque. So "catch-22", the very thing which makes it attractive makes it dangerous.

/ Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #34  
Did I see that the KIA cars are not safe to park in a wood structure?
Your to leave them outside because they could burn up??
Noting like having a hot car!

willy

/ Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #35  
Too late for that now. Although the Chinese almost fixed that problem in 2019

Worked exceedingly for older people. They just need to tweak it to finish off the yutes in the next round 😵

/ Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #36  
The title was "lithium powered equipment". If I had an electric zero turn mower I think I'd just remove the battery packs when I'm not using it. I do have a chainsaw that I keep the battery out of unless I need to use it. If the batteries are easily removed, that seems like a good idea.

/ Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #37  
   / Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #38  
   / Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #39  
   / Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #40  
Hate to have to park a Kia outside these days, might not be there in the morning and the teens that swiped it might be dead from crashing it.