Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage

/ Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #51  
I parked my service truck during pandemic and last night I had some pipe to thread and my vise and dies are in the truck…

Open the side door and signs of rats everywhere!

These must be city rats as truck is in the city…

Last edited:
   / Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #52  
Considering how complex wiring is in modern cars and the likeability of mice to chew on the insulation, I can see electrical fires in any car or truck, not just EV's.
One thing I know for certain and that is, mice love to munch on the insulation on the wiring on my Kubota's. Not sure why, must taste good to them and I have to be real pro-active with putting scented dryer sheets in the cab and under the hoods and mouse bait as well. I have pretty good results with the Victor cubes.

/ Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #53  
My grandfather was one of the first to get a car. He parked it in a separate garage from the house. Maybe in the 1950s and 1960s, people started trusting them enough to keep them in attached garages? I could see someone not wanting to charge an EV anywhere near their house.
I still don’t park my gas powered pickups near the house. If I ever get my garage built it will be at least 35 feet away from other buildings.

/ Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #54  
I still don’t park my gas powered pickups near the house. If I ever get my garage built it will be at least 35 feet away from other buildings.
Back when cars had gravity fuel tanks it was standard to have garages distant from the home…

/ Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #55  
I will always maintain that if the charger is properly constructed and can taper off the charge current to nil once the battery is charged, there is little danger in the battery combusting. I presume you do leave your laptop plugged in all the time and your cell phone plugged in far longer than 100% charge and they don't go up in smoke. Because the electronics that control the charge rate are of sufficient quality to control the charge and shut off when full.

/ Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #56  
I would also presume all the E-bike fires in New York city can be attributed to poor charger quality as well. Seems as though every picture I saw of them, they were plugged in, except one and that one combusted because the electronics didn't monitor the output properly so it overheated and it went up in flames. You buy cheap, you get cheap and I bet all the BYB EV fires in China can be directly attributable to poor quality electronic monitoring.

While I'd never have an EV, I bet Tesla uses quality on board monitoring.